Hey, so my 2 year contract is almost up with Verizon (June) and I'm looking for a new smartphone. I've been using a Palm Treo 700wx and want something different. I'm looking at the Storm since I really don't want to move to AT&T for the Bold even though that is tempting. I also have too many phones on my account to move. Anyway, the Storm looks like the right phone, but I had a few questions. Does the Storm have a media player that can play any type of file from thestreamcenter.com/pda? Also, can it do Youtube? I'm sure there are other questions I'm gonna have, but for now that's it. Thanks in advance.
    03-23-09 08:58 PM
    if you search the storm on the blackberry website it will list all supported file types.

re:youtube
    yes, there is a mobile site as well as an app. the files are converted to a non-flash so it can play on your phone. this has been around for awhile now in the mobile site version, maybe a year?
    03-23-09 10:42 PM
    OK, that answers that, somewhat. But I did remember another question I had. I think I know the answer, but just in case I'm behind the times, here goes. Will the Storm work with Slingbox? That's a huge selling point for me. I know it may sound stupid, but it has to work or this may kill the deal.
    03-23-09 11:17 PM
    Nope! I was on their web site yesterday. I'm also interested in it so far only the bold will work with slingbox. Again, this is according to the website
    03-23-09 11:29 PM
    There's a thread about watching mlb baseball. They explain how to stream tv to your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD