View Poll Results: opera or bolt?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opera mini

11 33.33%
  • New (improved?) bolt

22 66.67%
    just trying to see if the new bolt is better than the opera mini i already have on my storm... i kind of like opera mini, and i use it to load all my full html pages like my bank of america account and all of my other accounts. sooo... pick one and maybe an explanation would help too
    04-01-09 10:44 PM
    I just can't get into Bolt. But I picked up Opera Mini and I am loving it.
    04-01-09 10:48 PM
    i would have liked to seen the poll include the bb browser as well. i realize that would dilute the results as to which of the app browsers were prefered tho
    04-01-09 10:52 PM
    Bolt ... major faster.

Though, once i get there ... still a ways to go. Even at 3X, I have a more difficult time reading it. But, they cured the jerky cursor for the most part.

Still prefer Opera.
    04-01-09 11:03 PM
    wow didnt know bolt had an update. anything awesome in this update? Im downloading it now. I preffer bolt over opera thou... and bbrowser for normal surfing and 90% of everything i do
    04-01-09 11:04 PM
    The new Bolt is better because opera has gay control on things such as getting links or the inability to select/copy. As far as it being faster, I can't really vouch for that one.
    04-01-09 11:35 PM
    Can you copy/paste on bolt? Is it as fast as opera?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 02:03 AM
    opera was way faster loading pages from start to finish. really wasnt close. i expected better things from bolt when i saw udated and all that. it did seem more storm friendly i will say that . i noticed that part was much improved but speed kills and opera just smoked bolt.im just hoping opera is working at making a more storm friendly app.
    04-02-09 03:28 AM
    I suggest installing both and seeing how you like them. Find out how the compare in rendering pages and control of the browsers. Compare how they handle bookmarks....especially if you have a large number. For me, that's a big one. In the end, only you can decide what's best for you. Polls are nice, but until you put it on your phone and put it through the paces, you won't get your answer.

Having said that, I find the speed to be a wash. Opera Mini is superb in handling bookmarks and syncing them with the regular Opera browser. I also find control of the Mini to much more to my liking than the Bolt. In the end, Opera Mini works best for me, but again....that's my personal preference. You may feel quite differently. Heck, both are free. Nothing to lose is there?
    04-02-09 06:38 AM
    Opera for the win over here.

Bolt still has little things that make it real annoying. For one why does the page auto reload everytime I change from potrait to landscape? Also when I type in a web address and hit my menu key, why is the back key highlighted? I want the ok button highlighted automatically so I hit hit the menu key twice quickly to take advantage of shortcuts.
    04-02-09 06:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD