BBS1: OK except broke button putting it in case. Hint: non-button side first.
    BBS2: Screen click problem on one corner.
    BBS3: Dust under screen looked like dead pixels when background was black.
    BBS4: Perfect. Click feels completely different. Downright springy! Even, all the way around.

I love it now.
    Last edited by asymmetricblog; 01-01-09 at 02:18 PM.
    01-01-09 04:50 AM
    Mine is perfect too.

I was lucky and got a good one first time around.
    01-01-09 06:14 AM
    BBS1: OK except broke button putting it in case. Hint: non-button first.
    BBS2: Screen click problem on one corner.
    BBS3: Dust under screen looked like dead pixels when background was black.
    BBS4: Perfect. Click feels completely different. Downright springy! Even all the way around.

I love it now.
    what is your build date, country
    01-01-09 12:46 PM
    there's been no evidence that any part of the build process has changed for these devices...so as of right now, it's all speculation
    01-01-09 12:52 PM
    I had one of the original Storms and now I'm on my third with the .75 already installed and man what a difference in the new ones. Touchscreen is so much better. Should have been that way from the start!
    01-01-09 12:52 PM
    i have one of the originals still and it works like a champ...
    01-01-09 12:57 PM
    i have one of the originals still and it works like a champ...
    +1
    Mine is the original storm that I receieved during the first week of the launch and it works fine knock on wood
    01-01-09 01:07 PM
    I also have one of these 'originals' and it works perfectly. I actually have had only one problem with it, but it must of been solved in an update because it doesnt happen anymore.
    01-01-09 01:14 PM
    Got mine on "release weekend" and still works very well.
    01-01-09 01:24 PM
    All this talk about getting replacements...

I'm sure it is necessary in some cases, but it's almost like a frenzy.

A lot of people seem to think getting a replacement will turn their Storm from an OK device into a perfect one.

...just saying...
    01-01-09 01:25 PM
    I don't know if they are built different or not, but I did notice my brothers storm and another one I looked at have no screen gabs on the long sides of the screen(no, not that gaps that are there as part of the screen being a button). Those two are newer ones about 2 weeks old.

Mine has the screen gaps, and like 2 dust particles...but no issues other than that. Mine I got 4 days after launch.

I believe there was a thread with a picture that shows the gaps, mine looks that, the other two don't.
    01-01-09 01:31 PM
    my replacement is much better than my original all of the way around...IMHO
    01-01-09 01:36 PM
    i love my 2nd storm..works perfect! only thing i hate about it is the dust under the screen.
    01-01-09 01:49 PM
    First of all I am not saying that they have not been changed at all, but think about how much time it really has to take in order for RIM to put out product that is of higher quality. Just the retooling has to take some time. I could see that they have made some changes, at the same time within a week of the official launch of the Storm were reports of a revised hardware, new screens and everything else. Just don't know that it happens that quickly.
    01-01-09 01:55 PM
    I think it is easy to read all the problem posts and start second guessing and inspecting your own device. At least I have in the past...lol. Only having 30 days for a NEW replacement worries people. Nobody wants a refurbished.
    I, myself, was lucky...my first works like a charm.
    01-01-09 01:59 PM
    I think it is easy to read all the problem posts and start second guessing and inspecting your own device. At least I have in the past...lol. Only having 30 days for a NEW replacement worries people. Nobody wants a refurbished.
    Every time I see your post(s), I get this urge to swat my monitor
    I love your avatar
    01-01-09 02:11 PM
    Let me tell you that the click mechanism is much different. I'm not talking about the difference between a "good" one and a "bad" one. The click is much lighter and, I think, louder. the screen feel thinner. The door numbers got higher.

I would have been happy with the first one had I not broken the button, by the way.

The first was 45 something. the second was 47. This one says, "08 49 A 26-1."
    01-01-09 02:22 PM
    I lucked out nd snagged one on the release date and it was perfect! No problems. Then I ran it over with my car...even so my replacement phone is a million times better as far as the click sensitivity and since the 85 upgrade this thing has never run better!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 02:39 PM
    there's been no evidence that any part of the build process has changed for these devices...so as of right now, it's all speculation
    the evidence is in the phones its self , this too is my 4th storm , storms 1-3 crap , last storm perfect something was changed .
    01-01-09 02:47 PM
    I lucked out nd snagged one on the release date and it was perfect! No problems. Then I ran it over with my car...

Haha, sorry but how did this happen?
    01-01-09 03:01 PM
    I lucked out nd snagged one on the release date and it was perfect! No problems. Then I ran it over with my car...even so my replacement phone is a million times better as far as the click sensitivity and since the 85 upgrade this thing has never run better!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Wait, so your first one was "perfect" and the replacement clicked a million times better?!?!?!
    01-01-09 03:04 PM
    the evidence is in the phones its self , this too is my 4th storm , storms 1-3 crap , last storm perfect something was changed .
    Do you remember the location and date of manufacture of your 4 phones? What issues did you have with the first 3?
    Just curious...
    01-01-09 03:05 PM
    Mine is perfect too.

I was lucky and got a good one first time around.
    This is always interesting to me. "a good one" is all relative and a matter of perspective. I had one with a screen click "problem". it worked but not well. I fixed with the cardboard trick and its flawless now.

My buddy said his was working perfect....then I handed him mine and he was shocked at what my screen felt like. He has since ordered a replacement for his once he saw what the screen could/should feel like.
    01-01-09 03:28 PM
    Of course your last phone is the best. Why would you keep getting replacements once you found a good phone?
    01-01-09 03:44 PM
    Every time I see your post(s), I get this urge to swat my monitor
    I love your avatar
    LOL...thanks...yours makes me laugh
    01-01-09 03:48 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD