We have just release our new utility for touchscreen BlackBerry devices that allows you to define custom gestures and perform various tasks on your device simply by swiping your finger! This application comes from the same developers of the highly popular PatternLock, Bubble Burst and WordSearch (among many others). It is compatible with touchscreen devices including the Storm, Storm 2 and the brand new Torch.

From the description:
    Tired of searching through lists of icons and lists to find the contact or application you want? GesturePad allows you to define custom gestures and assign them to various tasks including: composing an Email, composing an SMS message, calling a phone number, showing all of a person's contact options, opening a website and launching an application. It's simple to setup and even simpler to use! The application works best if you assign it to a convenience key.

Features
    - Unlimited number of custom gestures can be added
    - Gesture to compose an email, SMS, call phone, show all a person's contact information, open a website, or launch an application
    - Option to have a confirmation prompt after gesture
    - Option to have the application close once the gesture is recognized and the action is performed
    - Ability to modify or delete gestures after you have created them
    - The simplest way to get things done!

The application is currently priced at $0.99 and can be found at: GesturePad - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    Last edited by tafasa; 09-12-10 at 10:18 AM.
    09-12-10 02:02 AM
    What, no trial? Even a 1 day trial would be good.
    09-12-10 05:19 AM
    Are you kidding, Derwent? It's a buck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-10 07:30 AM
    LOL!

Spending $0.99 is hardly going to make you bankrupt!

That is about the same price as a 'Mars Bar' here in the UK!
    09-12-10 07:54 AM
    for me, the point isn't that it's only $.99, the point of not buying an app is because too many SUCK. (not saying this app "sucks", but I've been around the block a few times, and know the percentage of excellent apps to crap-apps is quite low)
    09-12-10 11:17 AM
    for me, the point isn't that it's only $.99, the point of not buying an app is because too many SUCK. (not saying this app "sucks", but I've been around the block a few times, and know the percentage of excellent apps to crap-apps is quite low)
    Precisely.

I've spent well over 50 USD on apps/themes. Some of them are crap that I've never installed again after the first try. I'm willing to pay 20 USD for an essential app (which I did for Docs2Go Premium), but if I'm even to fork out a buck for something that could potentially be "deadweight" in my apps account I'll be pissed to say the least.

In fact I wish I could "unbuy" some of the apps I've bought because I regret buying them at all. Looking at those in my app account just irritates me to no end. Seriously, even if there's no refund I would do that. Or at least let me hide them so I don't see them again.
    09-12-10 11:25 AM
    lmao its a $1 from a company that we know makes great apps. quit crying like babies
    09-12-10 11:31 AM
    lmao its a $1 from a company that we know makes great apps. quit crying like babies
    could you be more rude??
    09-12-10 11:32 AM
    Well, well. It's certainly nice to see through pretentious high-horse-a-riding' users in this little thread.

Oh by the way, keep it up howarmat. Your post was genuinely helpful.
    09-12-10 12:07 PM
    How about getting back to reviewing the app!!
    09-12-10 12:43 PM
    I am completely with you on this one.
    It is not just the money. Some of these functions that are not provided in the core OS are really useless to try them anyway. I remember buying the pattern lock app that simulated the 'iPhone-ish' slide-to-unlock. The app caused all sorts of problems even after unistalling it. I had to reload the OS and start over. I have decided not to ever pay for any utility app (or any app for that matter anyway. ) not because of the cost but merely because they are for the most poorly done and useless. It is a BB, not an iPhone or Android Phone.
    09-12-10 12:47 PM
    I am completely with you on this one.
    It is not just the money. Some of these functions that are not provided in the core OS are really useless to try them anyway. I remember buying the pattern lock app that simulated the 'iPhone-ish' slide-to-unlock. The app caused all sorts of problems even after unistalling it. I had to reload the OS and start over. I have decided not to ever pay for any utility app (or any app for that matter anyway. ) not because of the cost but merely because they are for the most poorly done and useless. It is a BB, not an iPhone or Android Phone.
    Not only do I not buy utilities, I don't even install free ones. I learned last year that having utilities is just about a guarantee to have issues with the phone. Most of the stuff is unnecessary, IMO, so why make the phone unstable for some bells and whistles? My phone works fine with the popular (non-utility) apps such as Pandora, google maps, google app, google sync, and some other well known apps. I don't need to turn my phone into the proverbial "kitchen sink".
    09-12-10 01:42 PM
    How about getting back to reviewing the app!!
    Would have to ask those who scorn at us for "whining like babies" for not buying a 0.99 app. This is assuming they themself have already bought the app. However we don't see them giving any reviews of it here to aid us in our decision to buy it or not.

Loving the tune of resonating in this thread.
    09-12-10 09:27 PM
    It works just as it states. I named the gest (calc) added a gesture (o) and set it to open the calculator. then you just open the gesture program, make my sign and it opened the app

I did another making a N to email a contact and specific email address.

the app works perfectly from my testing. It will auto close after you run your gesture to. One suggestion is to allow it to have more than just a continuous line. i would like to be able to make an X for a gesture but once you take your figure off the screen you are done. I know you can still make an X but its more complicated to do it with one stroke.

So there, i risked my .99 cents! wow im living on the edge with that one
    Last edited by howarmat; 09-13-10 at 12:26 AM.
    09-12-10 11:34 PM
    Wow, this App sounds really interesting! I will give it a try!
    09-13-10 12:21 AM
    Some folk in this thread are really pre-menstrual and overly sensitive.
    Last edited by kriptikchicken; 09-13-10 at 03:05 AM.
    09-13-10 03:01 AM
    GesturePad has been updated to version 1.1!

NEW IN VERSION 1.1
    ---------------------
    - Custom colors for background and gesture path
    - Support for launching more applications
    - Ability to set convenience key actions within the application (if the device has convenience keys)
    - Ability to set action to compose an SMS or Email without specifying a number or address so you can start a blank message
    - Ability to turn off title bar in gesture screen
    - Application list and gesture list are now sorted alphabetically
    09-26-10 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD