Hello all,

Another 'quick' question as im such a novice to blackberry's! Im sure this will be the case more often with other people coming over to a more commercial device.

If you have a look at the following picture you will notice there is '3 messages' on this device.

Now what im wondering as i just dont know how it works on blackberrys:

1) Is this 3 email messages or 3 sms messages?
    2) As there is an sms button on the menu, do new sms messages appear there? i.e do you get that little red icon like on the messages button
    3) How do you differentiate between the two is what i mean i guess?
    4) Finally can you set up different types of notifications for emails and sms's? i.e vibrate for email, a tone for SMS?
    11-10-08 06:08 PM

1) Is this 3 email messages or 3 sms messages? 3 email messages

2) As there is an sms button on the menu, do new sms messages appear there? i.e do you get that little red icon like on the messages button YES plus you get an icon on the top of the screen like the 3 email messages but the txt message icon is a little different...it is sort of a slanted envelop.

3) How do you differentiate between the two is what i mean i guess? The SMS icon is a slanted envelop as compared to the email icon which is a regular envelop. It's actually just like the little envelop in the middle of the SMS button.

4) Finally can you set up different types of notifications for emails and sms's? i.e vibrate for email, a tone for SMS? YES!
    See answers above
    11-10-08 06:41 PM
    Hello all,

Another 'quick' question as im such a novice to blackberry's! Im sure this will be the case more often with other people coming over to a more commercial device.

If you have a look at the following picture you will notice there is '3 messages' on this device.

1) Is this 3 email messages or 3 sms messages?
    2) As there is an sms button on the menu, do new sms messages appear there? i.e do you get that little red icon like on the messages button
    3) How do you differentiate between the two is what i mean i guess?
    4) Finally can you set up different types of notifications for emails and sms's? i.e vibrate for email, a tone for SMS?

Just adding to jimmers' response. If you go into the options and mess with the settings, you can choose whether you can have both you emails and your sms messages arrive in ONE inbox (the Message icon) or you can have them show in different inboxes (like how its shown in the picture): One box for you email (Message button) and a seperate box for you sms messages (the SMS button).
    Last edited by skyys; 11-10-08 at 07:23 PM.
    11-10-08 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD