I just got my Blackberry Storm this evening. It's not my first blackberry.. I've had the pearl and curve before.

First problem is... I can't find the dang browser icon. I've done the "Register New" under the host routing table... and that did not work. Can someone please point me in the right direction in order to get the browser icon to show.

Also.. when I try to setup my email.. it says "Your device had a problem connecting to the server". I can send sms.. bb messenger messages and make and receive calls.

I have service through Bell Mobile. This phone is very frustrating thus far..
    01-13-09 11:40 PM
    Are you able to log in to you're BIS account and resend service books?
    01-13-09 11:43 PM
    I would call customer service if I were you.

In the past I've been able to get the browser back thru DM. Give that a go.

Sorry wasnt much help.

Good luck!
    01-13-09 11:44 PM
    Whats the "DM" @ Rooster? And thank you.. I will be calling them first thing in the morning.

And whats the BIS Account @ Darko?
    01-14-09 12:05 AM
    Nevermind Darko.. it won't let me connect to the blackberry internet service.. I can't even get to any the internet because I can't find the browser button and being new to this phone I don't know any other way to get to it.
    01-14-09 12:07 AM
    I don't know what it is on Bell but with Verizon it's a site you access from your PC. For Verizon it's blackberry.com/go/vzw It's a cool tool to use to send service books and what not. Does anyone know the BIS site for Bell?
    01-14-09 12:17 AM
    I found it.. just put bell instead of vzw... thanks.. i'll try and see if this works.
    01-14-09 12:25 AM
    Ok.. thanks Darko.. that got the email issue solved. I guess I'll be calling Customer Service tomorrow about the browser icon..
    01-14-09 12:43 AM
    Sometimes when you re register it may not add it try it a few times.
    01-14-09 12:56 AM
    Just go in to Desktop Manager go to application loader and select add/remove apps then check off browser and make sure it is not hidden
    01-14-09 12:57 AM
    Intstead of registering the host routing tables, try resending your service books.

Resend Service Books Instructions

Good Luck
    01-14-09 12:59 AM
    Thanks everyone.. I assume Bell didn't turn on my browser when I got the phone. So I'll have to call them in the morning. I asked for internet.. I guess she didn't hear me or just didn't set it up correctly or something.

I did the service book thing and that didn't work... so I sent myself and email with a link in it. I clicked the link and it said...

"Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device"
    01-14-09 01:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD