Hello - I received my new unlocked Storm today - from eBay. It appears to be originally with a French Carrier (SFR?), so while it is unlocked, I do not have a browser, or email capabilities, just yet.

I'm curious, could I install the Verizon OS on this device? I'm having issues w/the typing (I think it's French) so it always changes my words to French/another language.

I've had a BB since 2001 so I'm an avid BlackBerry user, definitely addicted...but this device is a little tricky, then again, I've only had it for an hour!
    12-17-08 01:14 PM
    "Verizon OS"?
    12-17-08 01:15 PM
    From what I understand. If your using the 9500 in the usa it wont work. They are using different hardware for different cell phone towers. It seems you should of did more research and bought a 9530 so it can work through verizon and not vodaphone. You might be out of luck. Just from what this sounds like.
    12-17-08 01:22 PM
    i hope you cab get it to work...and welcome to you
    12-17-08 01:26 PM
    Drefish - I'm not sure that's correct, as the phone is working. I'm on the EDGE network and AM getting emails, just cannot setup my Yahoo email for some reason. I was able to set up the @tmo.blackberry.net address just fine on the device.

Are you referring to just the browser capabilities?
    12-17-08 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD