I heard about crackberry.com on some news story a few years back. Never realized that there was a site for people that are literally obsessed with this fascinating little device. Once I realized that I was finally making the switch, I decided to lurk for a bit and then finally, join up to partake in the discussion. On some other forums that I've taken part in, I tend to post a lot, help out when I can, provide some useful info, comment on something neat that someone has posted about, and engaged in a flame war or two with a few chaps that just didn't have their sh*t together. I've been around.
    Well, now that I'm here, I'm up to around 50 posts and I've been picky about what I post about as some of you have been around forever or have used Blackberry's (known going forward as BB) extensively. So, effectively, I'm a noob. I've learned a lot, but how much of what I learned has helped? Here's what I've learned in the past week alone.
    1.The Vodafone launch could have been better.
    2.Most early reviews are after a day at the most and all sound the same except for one or two. (I will admit, I do love a British accent on a girl, so I was partial to that vid review).
    3.There may be a shortage.
    4.There may not be a shortage.
    5.The comparisons to the iPhone will be long and drawn out.
    6.My phone could suck due from software version x.x.x.61-81 (****, maybe Miss Cleo might know the answer to this one)
    7.BB is getting them for pre-orders on the 21st (maybe) and for those walking through the door on the 23rd.
    8.Some places are taking names. Some are first come first serve. Telesales may be the way to go, but they may sell out by noon.
    9.It may be cold Friday am if you stand in line. It may be warm if you decide NOT to stand in line.
    10.College students have cash enough to buy BB.
    11.Lots of good accessories to look forward to initially.
    12.Friends make me mad sometimes.
    13.Why the Storm? I mean, really? Why?
    14.I should live in place where the news should follow me and I can probably get a phone.
    15.Since I'm on the east coast, I can laugh at peeps on the west coast while they wait for their phone.
    16.DuLac is the shiznit.
    17.Demo units suck.
    Obviously, this is not an all inclusive list. I guess what I'm getting at is that's what the internet is for. Conjecture, discussion, optimism, pessimism, and lots (and LOTS) of speculation. On the other hand, there's also lots of laziness (seen from the same thread at least once every day posted by someone with less than 5 posts that can't find a search button....even though they SAY they searched for all of 10 seconds). Lots of believing people just because they work for Verizon (no offense to most of you. You just share what you know or THINK you know, but it's ok to say you don't really know. No one will EVER flame you for being honest.) And a lot of other stuff.
    I'm just here to learn. I want my BB experience and transition to be painless. A lot of you are helping with that. Some of you.....well, you know who you are....just need some valium and some relaxation to wait until you have your phone whether that be Friday, Saturday delivery, or free delivery by Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday. Bottom line is you'll all get your phone eventually and then we can start going in circles about some new stuff (finally).

Enjoy the next 30+ hours!
    11-19-08 08:38 PM
    Your #7 is wrong. There are no pre-orders for the Storm, and you can walk in the door of a Verizon store on the 21st and get a storm. Granted, there has to be supplies left, but you should be able to.
    11-19-08 08:40 PM
    Your #7 is wrong. There are no pre-orders for the Storm, and you can walk in the door of a Verizon store on the 21st and get a storm. Granted, there has to be supplies left, but you should be able to.
    Never said anything was truly fact. Just what I've been reading on here. I mean, there was that whole $50 deposit thing which some can construe as a pre-order, no? Then, all of the bantering back and forth. Once again, just what I'm learning from reading on here. That was the point of my post. I honestly don't know anything more than most people on here.
    11-19-08 08:41 PM
    I like your style. Hope you stick around!
    11-19-08 08:44 PM
    Been wanting a Blackberry for a few years now, so I'll be around for a while. I don't think there's another site for BB around that can touch this one. And that's the honest truth. I'm just now seeing why they garnered the name Crackberries.
    11-19-08 08:46 PM
    ugh now my head hurts from reading this lol
    11-19-08 08:47 PM
    Yea.... didn't really get the point of the post. Is there even a question in there?
    11-19-08 08:52 PM
    Yea.... didn't really get the point of the post. Is there even a question in there?
    No point. Just summing up what seems to be the majority of the threads around here. Sure, there are several unique ones, but then again, there are the same ones over and over by different people, OR there are the speculative ones where there really won't be any answers until Friday.

As the title stated, just what I've learned in my short time here.

(translated...I was a bit bored as we are getting down to the wire and wanted to sum up most of what's going on)
    11-19-08 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD