Maybe I'm just trying to tease him into showing us working pics...

Yeah thats right. I guess Kevin really isn't the fearless leader of the Crackberry nation. I mean he was first to take down those pictures of the Storm 2 when they first popped out at RIM's demands. I mean I didn't see Engadget or Boy Genius take theirs down. I mean even Engadget gave us a video! C'mon Kevin don't chicken out on us now!
    07-20-09 01:27 AM
    looks good, lets just hope it works better then the storm1.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 02:52 AM
    I could care less how it works. I just am very interested in the new screen technology. If it works as Horizon described it's essentially EXACTLY how I pictured my perfect touchscreen smartphone to be. I love my Tour and would never abandon it, but in two years when it's time for a new contract I'd love to pick up the Storm 2 or even the Storm 3 if this technology drives it!
    Last edited by slinky317; 07-21-09 at 08:59 AM.
    07-20-09 12:22 PM
    [B]"Yet when you photoshop a battery in and power it up, the display then has a bit of movement to it"

Huh ?
    07-21-09 04:23 PM
    [B]"Yet when you photoshop a battery in and power it up, the display then has a bit of movement to it"

Huh ?
    Think.........
    07-21-09 04:47 PM
    Judging from the video, it's not even a matter of having the battery in the device to make the screen click, but a matter of having it powered on. Kevin had the battery in the phone, but powered off, and it didn't click. Upon power up, it clicked.
    07-21-09 07:09 PM
    I really love the metallic button on the original storm... The 2nd coming look almost cheap(ish) to me.
    07-21-09 11:38 PM
    I prefer the "2nd coming". I think it looks sleek.

forkup
    07-22-09 07:14 AM
    I guess Kevin didn't have too much trouble visualizing it in his hands considering he had two of them to play with. The video was great and confirms that it will be the next best blackberry to own.
    07-22-09 08:16 PM
    It looks a little smaller.
    07-24-09 10:50 PM
    I uhhh.. had some issues falling asleep last night so started playing at the computer. I got into photoshop and started monkeying around. Figured I'd try and do up what I thought a Storm 2 would feel like in my hand based on the other odin photos that popped up previously. I think I did an alright job. Start with a Storm 1, layer on some Onyx sidewalls, photoshop over some buttons. Just need to brush up on my cgi skills then maybe we can get a video up of this creation in action.

After really "visualizing" it in my hand, it seems that the BlackBerry 9550 should be a pretty nice device -- really what the first BlackBerry Storm should have been. Feels nicer in the hand (no fish hooks on the battery door) and less "buttony" - the buttons integrated into the display the rubberized buttons make it seem more object-like vs. gadget like, which is kind of cool. Definitely an engineering improvement as far as form factor and look/feel go. As for the SurePress... funny thing. When the unit is powered off (remove the battery) the glass is fixed - it has no movement to it at all. Yet when you photoshop a battery in and power it up, the display then has a bit of movement to it (NOT like Storm 1 click in and out a lot).

Stay tuned.....
    What about the S2 weight? How much does it weigh compared to the S1?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 11:28 PM
    am i the only one that thinks it looks identical like the old one?
    08-02-09 11:37 PM
    so sexy....
    08-02-09 11:42 PM
    I can't wait 2 get one!
    08-02-09 11:52 PM
    Where is the speaker located now ?? Left Side, similar to the Tour ?
    08-03-09 03:23 AM
    guys, do we really need a full touch blkberry device?
    08-03-09 06:09 AM
    I don't know about a full touchscreen storm. But i think a scroll wheel at the bottom would be better
    08-03-09 07:02 AM
    Yes, we obviously do. With well over a million purchases of the 9530 Storm(Verizon version alone), even with all of the original storm's problems, there is a very high demand for it. Also, with the high demand of other touch screens, including the ever-popular Iphone, the demand is very high. Why would you even ask such a question, and what is it to you? If you don't want one, who cares? You obviously know that the demand is high.
    08-03-09 07:34 AM
    I think you are

Its not meant to be a whole new phone. Its more like a refresh. Improve the things wrong with S1.
    08-03-09 07:36 AM
    Yes, it looks very similar, except for the buttons/soft keys, a little thinner, and the battery door is a little different, and a few other minor differences. The old one looked very nice, that wasn't the issue. Just like the Iphone, Iphone 3G, and Iphone 3G S, have even fewer differences in looks between those models, again, looks were never a problem. Infact, most people, including myself, thinks that the Storm looks great.
    08-03-09 07:38 AM
    Yes, it looks very similar, except for the buttons/soft keys, a little thinner, and the battery door is a little different, and a few other minor differences. The old one looked very nice, that wasn't the issue. Just like the Iphone, Iphone 3G, and Iphone 3G S, have even fewer differences in looks between those models, again, looks were never a problem. Infact, most people, including myself, thinks that the Storm looks great.
    Looks were NOT the problem.
    08-03-09 07:53 AM
    I cannot wait for this phone! I love my Storm but because I work in the basement of a hospital with leaded walls, I can really use the WiFi (though not a deal breaker cause there's always a computer around).

Great job "visualizing" this phone, Kevin. Your photoshop skills are beyond exceptional
    08-03-09 09:44 AM
    Well, the Storm 9530 is here, isn't it? And the demand for it is there - look at everyone here mouth-watering over the 9550 (including me). And tell me the iPhone doesn't sell like hotcakes.
    08-04-09 01:23 AM
    I may potentially have some information on an OS and release date for the S2 some time this week. Im not making any promises but if I do manage to find out any information, I will be posting it up.
    08-04-09 05:39 AM
    It's exactly as Kevin says - it's what the first storm should've been. At least as far as hardware goes. I absolutely love the look of my S1, but the only minor complaints - light bleed, screen wiggle, battery door fish hooks, etc. - appear to have been fixed.

I think the real deal breaker is how well this new SurePress tech will work. Hopefully there wont be entire forums designated to TORX screw drivers and battery door shims all for the sake of perfecting the screen click... RIM certainly should have it figured out by now. Can't wait to try one out
    08-04-09 09:05 AM
207 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD