So anyone like the new blackberry store? It always asks for my password and does not even have a simple "remember my password" option. What's the point of having a blackberry id just to download an update? One would think if RIM wanted to do something integrated like apples appstore, they would put in a lot more effort than requiring the user to enter his password all the time.

This really sucks, I was hoping I could last until january when my contract was up but now seriously thinking of switching to bell just to get a galaxy s or something.
    09-03-10 03:08 PM
    Whoa, you want to leave BB because you have to enter a password, and that upsets you? You really are demanding and have high standards...

What BB store are you referring too? BB App World? I don't have to enter my password there?
    09-03-10 03:12 PM
    Whoa, you want to leave BB because you have to enter a password, and that upsets you? You really are demanding and have high standards...

What BB store are you referring too? BB App World? I don't have to enter my password there?
    I do if I want to download and install something, or if I have an update. Have to enter the password at least once. There is a timeout I think, because if I download something and leave the app open and come back later I have to enter it again to download.
    09-03-10 09:09 PM
    So anyone like the new blackberry store? It always asks for my password and does not even have a simple "remember my password" option. What's the point of having a blackberry id just to download an update? One would think if RIM wanted to do something integrated like apples appstore, they would put in a lot more effort than requiring the user to enter his password all the time.

This really sucks, I was hoping I could last until january when my contract was up but now seriously thinking of switching to bell just to get a galaxy s or something.
    Are referring to Appworld, by any chance?? Yeah, it requires a password. I don't like it, and it ranks right up there with a death in the family or divorce. I haven't been able to sleep since the first time I had to enter a password. Life sucks. (I'm going to go kill myself now...)
    09-03-10 09:12 PM
    i agree there should definetly be a remember m password button but its no where near the end of the world it takes what an extra 10 seconds if that to type in a password is that 10 seconds really gonna kill you?
    09-03-10 09:42 PM
    Are referring to Appworld, by any chance?? Yeah, it requires a password. I don't like it, and it ranks right up there with a death in the family or divorce. I haven't been able to sleep since the first time I had to enter a password. Life sucks. (I'm going to go kill myself now...)
    Dave, is this that "sarcasm thing" you were talking about? I hate passwords too, but they are there to PROTECT us. I work at a bank and I have so many passwords and they all "expire" after 10-15 minutes, so all day long I have to keep signing in!
    09-04-10 08:05 AM
    Dave, is this that "sarcasm thing" you were talking about? I hate passwords too, but they are there to PROTECT us. I work at a bank and I have so many passwords and they all "expire" after 10-15 minutes, so all day long I have to keep signing in!
    tongue-in-cheek; sarcasm--yes.
    09-04-10 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD