Hello everybody! This is my first post and I found the forum by chance (which is great by the way). First I apologize for the question. I'm sure it's been asked 50,000 times but I can't find an answer. I'm having trouble with an unlocked Storm 9530 that I'm using for mt AT&T account. The computer doesn't recognize it. It doesn't do anything but charge it. A little history. My friend got an Iphone so i bought his Blackberry from him that he had bought off a friend. Where it was before I don't know. I didn't get any software or a USB cord with it. I have since downloaded software to my computer from the Blackberry store. Both the Desktop Manager and USB drives. I bought a universal USB cord from Best Buy for it. When I plug it into the computer all it does is charge. Nothing else. The Desktop Manager says to connect the Blackberry. I've been playing for days and reading up as much as I can to no avail. I did figure out how to change the phone number though to mine lol. I do NOT have a Blackberry data plan yet. I'm on my sisters family plan and don't want to do it until I'm sure the phones going to work. I have NO data plan right now. So you guys are my last hope before i give up and list it on Craigs List. Thanx.
    05-11-10 02:14 PM
    Are you sure the phone is unlocked?

You will need a BB data plan for a BB to work.

Try this...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/953...osting-328759/
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 05-11-10 at 02:59 PM.
    05-11-10 02:56 PM
    Yes it is unlocked. I've been using it as a phone and receive calls and SMS messages but that's it.
    05-11-10 03:31 PM
    You won't be able to get any further than calls or SMS without a data plan, but it proves that it is unlocked. What type of computer are you using for this, OS wise? It sounds like maybe you need to see if you have the most updated USB drivers, or change the USB port you use.
    05-11-10 04:17 PM
    Try this
    View Document

Also if you are using Windows 7 there may be some additional steps you can try.
    05-11-10 04:58 PM
    Some USB cords will only charge and not allow access to the phone. There have been other posts regarding this in the past.

I suggest purchasing a USB cord from Verizon or another carrier. Their cords do work properly. I suspect it is a simple as that.
    05-11-10 05:15 PM
    Well I checked my USB ports and they are all up to date. I think I'll return this universal cord to Best Buy and get one from verizon. Hopefully that'll work. I hate the thought of having a $500 phone I can only use to make phone calls with.
    05-12-10 02:56 AM
    I bought the verizon usb cord and it worked. Thanx for the suggestion DJM1947. Now I need help with CrackUtil. Whenever I try to run it I get File Access Denied. It askes me before that to enter a password and since I don't have one I always skip that.
    05-13-10 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD