helllo everyone. i am new the BB world and new to the forum. Glad to see there are lots of people out there who know these phones like the back of your hand. With saying that. i have the storm with a 4.7 OS. i am reading all these forums and hearing about a 5.0? how exactly do i update my phone to a new operating system. i haave been on here for hours trying to understand it all but it seems all over my head. im good with cars but obviously not phones.. Also is there any places to load up free themes.. i hate the one that comes with the phone.. thanks again for all of your help.
    Jon
    09-02-09 10:30 PM
    For OS updates try the storm os discussion sub forum and check out the sticky threads. For themes check out the 95XX themes sub forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 10:37 PM
    thanks alot.
    09-02-09 10:48 PM
    is there also a sticky on how to get the apps or themes loaded to the BB?
    09-02-09 11:03 PM
    There are 2 ways to load apps and themes, either thru desktop manager or OTA (or the air). From a computer on the crackberry site on the menu bar near the top of the page click on the help link then select blackberry 101. There are tutorials explaining those and many other topics.

09-02-09 11:10 PM
    thanks again for all of your help.. ill prob have many more questions untill i fully understand the system.. do you find the 4.7 to be the better os than the 5.0.. i need an experts advice..or should i just leave it the way it is
    09-02-09 11:15 PM
    Yes I prefer 4.7.0.151 which is probably 1 step above what you have 4.7.0.148. 5.0.0.191 is the latest 5.0 but many 3 party apps don't work and using the camera crashes your storm. On the plus side the system response and browser speed are much faster. I use 4.7.0.151 thou.

09-02-09 11:26 PM
    You can also look around the forums specifically for the BB storm and look at hybrids and other leaks , but i would recommend learning a lot about your phone before you start trying out the leaks and such.
    09-02-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD