Well I finally upgraded to a Blackberry. Boo Yaaah!!! I hafta say that I love the Storm thus far, especially coming from a LG Phone user from Verizon. The only thing I miss is the super extended battery life from my old LG!

I just have a couple of simple questions for you experienced BB Storm users:

1) Besides buying ring tones from the VERIZON Web site, where can I get ring tones & wallpapers for FREE? (Looking for a WIDE selection of music here)

2) Is there anyway to extend the battery life on the BB Storm?

3) What are some good applications to download for this phone?

I have thus far on my BB, Facebook, MySpace, AOL IM. I heard that Google maps is good, but I'm not too sure of others.

BTW - Rockin a BB OEM Silicone case with Screen Guardz protector on the front LOL

I appreciate the replies!!!
    02-27-09 11:07 PM
    Well I finally upgraded to a Blackberry. Boo Yaaah!!! I hafta say that I love the Storm thus far, especially coming from a LG Phone user from Verizon. The only thing I miss is the super extended battery life from my old LG!

I just have a couple of simple questions for you experienced BB Storm users:

1) Besides buying ring tones from the VERIZON Web site, where can I get ring tones & wallpapers for FREE? (Looking for a WIDE selection of music here)
    First congratulation on the storm and welcome to CB. You can get free ringtones and wallpaper from this site (click the ringtones or wallpaper tab at the top of the page) or you can create your own from mp3 files.

2) Is there anyway to extend the battery life on the BB Storm?
    You can extend your battery life by changing a few options and closing apps that you aren't going to be using for a while. The options you can change are setting gps to E911 only, setting network technology to 1XEV, disable the led coverage indicator, turn down backlight brightness and turn down backlight timeout.

3) What are some good applications to download for this phone?

I have thus far on my BB, Facebook, MySpace, AOL IM. I heard that Google maps is good, but I'm not too sure of others.
    Some of the apps that I have installed on my storm are QuickPull, Capture It, AIM, Poynt, Google Maps, Flickr, Facebook and the Bank of America app. You can find this and more free apps in the http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/bl...thread-107305/.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 12:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD