I downloaded this just now, works GREAT.

CallsBlocker + YouMail + Phone Out of Service Greeting + Ditchmail = You aren't contacting me OR leaving me a voicemail.

I LOVE IT!

One question, does it run with boot and is it always running in the background?
    Oh. Where can we get the "Phone Out of Service Greeting" app and what is Ditchmail?

Thanks in advance.
    05-18-09 04:09 PM
    Oh. Where can we get the "Phone Out of Service Greeting" app and what is Ditchmail?

Thanks in advance.
    you can set it up in your profile at youmail.com. A free VVM service.
    I switched from Verizons service and very happy I did.

You basically assign a message (youmail has a list or you can upload your own) to any number, a private number, etc. You also have the option for that number you assigned to be able to leave a message or not.
    05-18-09 07:15 PM
    How would you assign that greeting to a private number in YouMail? I'd LOVE to try that!
    05-19-09 09:11 PM
    I just installed this on my Curve (the older version did not work for me), and as others have stated, it works pretty well now. The calls do come thru, but the app kicks in and drops the call. I have mine set to 300 as well. Follow the PDF instructions in the first post! I disabled my voicemail on my phone (seriously, if someone needed to contact me they'd text me, I never check my VM anyways, besides most carriers charge you to check your own VM), so their call just gets disconnected.

For a FREE app, I appreciate the work put into this. Guys there are other apps out there that you can pay for (up to $20) that may work better, but the author is offering this for free. If you don't like it, then don't use it. It's that simple. He's not forcing you to use his app.
    05-21-09 10:42 AM
    This is by far one of the best free apps available for the Blackberry.

Guys, if your calls are still coming through completely (I don't mean for that half second that's supposed to happen), when you're in the CallsBlocker app screen, and are done adding numbers and whatnot, DO NOT HIT THE END (RED) KEY! - it won't work if you do this...why? I have no clue. Maybe a small programming error. Who knows (I certainly know nothing about programming). What you have to do to exit is just hit the BACK button. Then, miraculously, the number will be blocked when it calls you.

THAT is how to get this working on your phone.
    07-02-09 10:56 PM
    HI

Will this work on the T-mobile 8900
    07-10-09 10:15 AM
    Any plans on making this app available for the BB TOUR?
    07-12-09 05:19 PM
    thats cuz the red end key doesnt actualy close and save the app. it just hides it.
    07-12-09 05:20 PM
    I found out that if you just edit your ringtone mp3 file(I used Audacity which is free) and add about a .4 second silence at the beginning, there won't be any sound that plays when you get a call from a blocked number.

Though I still have the problem with the app auto answering the call when it's in my holster.
    07-17-09 01:34 AM
    I have a curve 8330 and followed the instructions exactly and it's not working. Any tips?
    07-19-09 11:12 PM
    I don't have a computer to access the pdf file for the operating instructions for callsblocker 107 n does anyone have a link?
    I have a 9000 bold thanx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 04:04 AM
    Help......newbie need help getting callsblocker app to work on bold9000 any help or info on the "allow" and allow in printed in a more bold lettering.
    Any help would be much appreciated .And I have read and learned so much from crackberry.com already thanx

08-01-09 02:33 PM
    GOOGLE VOICE also does this with more bells & whistles! YES or NO?
    08-01-09 02:58 PM
    I don't know about google voice but will look into .there must be an easier way to block garbadge calls
    Just gota figure out new / first blackberry,luv it,must find info though

08-01-09 03:08 PM
    If your gonna write programs apps whatever .I would not pay 2 cents for any of thi half *** crap tha phone companies should provide for free.if something is worth doing ,its worth doing well ,if not ,don't even try

08-01-09 04:33 PM
    If your gonna write programs apps whatever .I would not pay 2 cents for any of thi half *** crap tha phone companies should provide for free.if something is worth doing ,its worth doing well ,if not ,don't even try
    1) OP made program available free because the phone companies don't.
    2) Program works fine for people who can read and follow the instructions.
    3) You're an illiterate moron who couldn't spell your way out of a paper bag and throws a temper tantrum because you can't be bothered to use a computer fo access a simple PDF file.
    4) Go drink a gallon of bleach.
    08-01-09 07:44 PM
    GOOGLE VOICE also does this with more bells & whistles! YES or NO?
    Google Voice has selective call blocking, but it only works if people call your GV number. Since GV was only available, until very recently, to people who had requested an invitation way back when it was the Grand Central beta, there are probably lots of people out there who've given out their cell # and wish they hadn't.
    08-01-09 07:48 PM
    Sounds like I stumbled onto a wasp nest! I think I will back out slowly..
    Last edited by IZZY Dead; 08-02-09 at 01:12 AM. Reason: typing in the dark.
    08-02-09 01:12 AM
    this is a great app I've had it for a couple of months now. I notice one thing. If the phone is in a holster instead of blocking the call it answers it. lol

Is there a limit to how many numbers you can block?
    08-02-09 10:40 PM
    So Callsblocker is not compatibile with the Pearl 8130?
    08-14-09 08:13 AM
    oops, just noticed this is a Storm app.
    08-14-09 08:34 AM
    Got all excited and just found out its not compatible with the 8320
    08-14-09 07:57 PM
    This is by far one of the best free apps available for the Blackberry.

Guys, if your calls are still coming through completely (I don't mean for that half second that's supposed to happen), when you're in the CallsBlocker app screen, and are done adding numbers and whatnot, DO NOT HIT THE END (RED) KEY! - it won't work if you do this...why? I have no clue. Maybe a small programming error. Who knows (I certainly know nothing about programming). What you have to do to exit is just hit the BACK button. Then, miraculously, the number will be blocked when it calls you.

THAT is how to get this working on your phone.
    hope this works
    Last edited by SWA69; 08-20-09 at 08:53 AM.
    08-20-09 08:48 AM
    Yay! Something Like This HAD To Be Free. Thank You So Much!
    08-21-09 05:14 PM
    I bought this App for my storm a few months back and it didn't work well at all. None of the functions worked right. So I deleted it. So beware I wouldn't waste your money on this.

08-21-09 06:24 PM
196 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD