I gotta try this...I had one on my htc touch...and loved it...no private calls, or annoying telemarketers...I hope this is a good app as it sounds...thanks...
    03-21-09 01:10 AM
    I just tried this app. It works great. However, what is the lowest amount I can set "Block after (ms)" to? I noticed the blocked contacts can still get a few rings before Callsblocker kicks in. Ideally, I like it to hang up instantaneously/immediately.
    03-21-09 02:43 AM
    I just tried this app. It works great. However, what is the lowest amount I can set "Block after (ms)" to? I noticed the blocked contacts can still get a few rings before Callsblocker kicks in. Ideally, I like it to hang up instantaneously/immediately.
    I use 300 and it just flashes on the screen that it's incoming and hangs up...you don't even notice it
    03-21-09 03:27 AM
    I will try 300.

If I set the number too low (let's say 100 or 0), will CallBlocker still block the call? I dont' really care if it "flashes" realy fast. I can check the missed call list and see who was blocked.
    03-21-09 03:33 AM
    If you set it too low then the call will not be blocked because the application does not react so fast to programmically press the end key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 03:42 AM
    I will try 300.

If I set the number too low (let's say 100 or 0), will CallBlocker still block the call? I dont' really care if it "flashes" realy fast. I can check the missed call list and see who was blocked.
    If you set it too low then the call will not be blocked because the application does not react so fast to programmically press the end key.

It works just fine with 300, even down to 100, but I don't notice any difference between 100 and 300, but you can test your own settings. Anything lower like Fabian said, it won't get blocked.
    03-21-09 03:58 AM
    BBA - It works perfect with the new update. Thanks a million for this great program!
    03-21-09 07:52 AM
    so does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can get it work?
    03-21-09 09:11 AM
    so does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can get it work?
    What's not working?
    03-21-09 09:36 AM
    i need this so i can BLOCK MY EX
    03-21-09 10:33 AM
    I see. Got it! Thank you very much.

i need this so i can BLOCK MY EX
    Bingooo! lol
    03-21-09 01:51 PM
    well idk what i should do for the program to block calls should i re install for the third time? or is there maybe something im not setting right as i had said before in my earlier posting i tried just about whatever i could to make it work but all calls went thru so maybe im just doing something wrong
    03-21-09 06:37 PM
    I just downloaded and installed it. After setting the permissions and battery pull works like a charm.
    Thank very much!
    J.

03-21-09 07:50 PM
    i tried again fiddling with the ms number and couldnt get it to block calls i worked twice and when i tried again i failed again any can help here or should i give up on this app?
    03-21-09 11:31 PM
    having problems with call blocker was workin fine till i added restricted calls from the menu now app dont wanna open up tried battery pull tried wiping handheld and still nothing plz help me...thanks pm me
    03-22-09 05:59 PM
    I couldn't get it to work either til last night. Heres how I did it:
    1. Download
    2. Quickpull
    3. Go to permissions and turn all to allow
    4. Quickpull
    5. Open up app
    6. Click on activate (check mark appears)
    7. Click on Block the following numbers (check mark appears)
    8. Delete all the pre entered numbers and replace with your test number(s)
    9. I toyed wit the (ms) but for the first test just leave it alone
    10. Hit the back button. No the end (red) button but the BACK (arrow beside the red button)

This is what worked for me. I am on the new V2 hybrid OS and it worked for V1 and V2. Hope this helps.

FYI. No mater how low I set the (ms) it will always make a sound. There does not seem to be a setting low enough to stop it. Mine is at 150 (ms) and still makes a sound. At 149 (ms) its too low to stop the call at all---at least on mine.
    03-22-09 06:20 PM
    I can't get this to work. I have done the battery pull, reset the permissions to allow and put in check for activate and block numbers. When I put in a test number (like my landline) it doesn't block it. Everything else is default. Does this work for Blackberry 8830?
    03-23-09 10:34 AM
    I can't get this to work. I have done the battery pull, reset the permissions to allow and put in check for activate and block numbers. When I put in a test number (like my landline) it doesn't block it. Everything else is default. Does this work for Blackberry 8830?
    Being that you are in the 9530/9500 STORM thread, I wouldnt think he programmed this for the 8830.
    03-23-09 01:57 PM
    Works just fine after setting the permissons correctly.
    03-23-09 04:18 PM
    Being that you are in the 9530/9500 STORM thread, I wouldnt think he programmed this for the 8830.
    It works just fine for any device running OS 4.2+ at least it did from the Start, unless he changed it for OS 4.5+ to newer...
    03-23-09 04:40 PM
    Does it still auto-answer in holster?

Last edited by wilsonmoton; 03-23-09 at 10:52 PM.
    03-23-09 09:13 PM
    doesnt work, after doing everything correctly
    03-25-09 12:33 AM
    This doesn't exactly block anything at all (on Curve 8330). My phone still shows incoming calls, and they are still able to hear my voicemail. I dont consider that a block by any means. A block is they dial me and do not get to me. At all. Not even a little bit. None. Zero. That way, they wont call back. If I wanted them to leave me a message I'd hit ignore.
    Yes, all permissions are set to allow. Yes, activated box is checked. Yep, reset, even tried removing the battery. Uninstalled and reinstalled.....multiple times. When the 'blocked' number calls me, are they still able to hear my voicemail? Yes, they are, regardless of whether or not they hear my voicemail after 2 minutes or 2 milliseconds. Does anybody know of a real method or application that allows a TRUE block, not a diversion or quick to voicemail. I want this person to dial my number and get nothing, not sent to my voicemail.
    In defense of both the developer AND the application I will say that the developer's website for this product specifically lists my phone as NOT compatible, I am not bashing the developer or the application. I dont hate the application or developer, I hate the caller.

Verizon Wireless Blackberry Curve 8330
    Last edited by dankonlee21; 03-25-09 at 02:04 AM.
    03-25-09 02:00 AM
    Wow great app!!! damn telemarketers!
    03-25-09 02:11 AM
    Does it still auto-answer in holster?

No.

This doesn't exactly block anything at all (on Curve 8330). My phone still shows incoming calls, and they are still able to hear my voicemail. I dont consider that a block by any means. A block is they dial me and do not get to me. At all. Not even a little bit. None. Zero. That way, they wont call back. If I wanted them to leave me a message I'd hit ignore.
    Yes, all permissions are set to allow. Yes, activated box is checked. Yep, reset, even tried removing the battery. Uninstalled and reinstalled.....multiple times. When the 'blocked' number calls me, are they still able to hear my voicemail? Yes, they are, regardless of whether or not they hear my voicemail after 2 minutes or 2 milliseconds. Does anybody know of a real method or application that allows a TRUE block, not a diversion or quick to voicemail. I want this person to dial my number and get nothing, not sent to my voicemail.
    In defense of both the developer AND the application I will say that the developer's website for this product specifically lists my phone as NOT compatible, I am not bashing the developer or the application. I dont hate the application or developer, I hate the caller.

Verizon Wireless Blackberry Curve 8330
    Please read the thread before posting. This is for the STORM so it may not work on the Curve. It only hits the ignore button so they will go to your VM.

BBA, have you thought of adding a pickup/hanup feature?
    03-25-09 08:29 AM
196 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD