Hello all. I know some people are itching for this to be happen. Im hopeing that someone can actually make this and integrate it with the factory UI. Like have it under Options >Screen section and an option to turn it on or off. Then it would flick scroll quickly through contacts and all other menues. That would be an awesome app and worth the money to buy it. You can put me down as number 1 if this was made possible. I seen other threads about this, but figured I would start my own to get momentom up to get this made. I know its possible and can be done. C mon developers! Make it happen Im sure you would have a lot of customers
    03-04-09 10:45 AM
    +1

10char
    03-04-09 10:47 AM
    This isnt a "New" app request. It's a "Been asked for so many times that even if I were a developer I wouldn't try to make this happen out of spite" app request.

Search is your friend.
    03-04-09 10:48 AM
    This isnt a "New" app request. It's a "Been asked for so many times that even if I were a developer I wouldn't try to make this happen out of spite" app request.

Search is your friend.
    Look at the post count. Wouldn't you figure that I would know to search? Im looking for a developer to give an answer if this was possible to make. Im just saying that there is so many people wanting it, it would be worth it to develop. Theres definatly a fan base.
    03-04-09 10:53 AM
    Think about how much money you could make if you charged for it. Alot of people want it
    03-04-09 10:55 AM

Search is your friend.
    And if you were to search, you'd realize that people have requests for apps and Dev's usually make them based on requests.
    03-04-09 10:56 AM
    Look at the post count. Wouldn't you figure that I would know to search? Im looking for a developer to give an answer if this was possible to make. Im just saying that there is so many people wanting it, it would be worth it to develop. Theres definatly a fan base.
    All the more worrying to me that you couldn't find the numerous amount of requests for this.

Here is some help http://forums.crackberry.com/search....rchid=11447687
    03-04-09 10:57 AM
    And if you were to search, you'd realize that people have requests for apps and Dev's usually make them based on requests.
    What I was trying to convey here was that it has been asked soooo many times, that seeing more posts about it is annoying.
    03-04-09 10:59 AM
    I know its possible and can be done.
    Im looking for a developer to give an answer if this was possible to make.
    So which is it?
    But no, it's not possible - I'm a developer. We can implement it in our own third party programs, but we can't integrate it into the native BlackBerry applications. The only way we'll see it in the native browser or contact list is if RIM implements it - which they won't.
    03-04-09 11:00 AM
    All the more worrying to me that you couldn't find the numerous amount of requests for this.

Here is some help http://forums.crackberry.com/search....rchid=11447687
    Again, look at what I said. I requested it AGAIN. If you didnt like what I wrote, dont post in the thread. With a 25 post count that you have, you better stick around for awhile and see how people do it around here. Im not a trouble maker or post stupid stuff. I simply just asked for development and I know there are people that love it and it would have a lot of success.
    03-04-09 11:01 AM
    So which is it?
    But no, it's not possible - I'm a developer. We can implement it in our own third party programs, but we can't integrate it into the native BlackBerry applications. The only way we'll see it in the native browser or contact list is if RIM implements it - which they won't.
    I see. Im not a develper and I applogize for this. I thought since it was in 3rd party apps, a developer could implement it in the UI but if you said it cant happen, you know more then me since you actually know how that works. Not possible to make it a feature to run in the background at all?
    03-04-09 11:05 AM
    why on earth would RIM not implement this? isn't this supposed to be their phone to be more "consumer based"?? Consumers like things like flick scrolling and games with Open GL and more than 50MB to save those games too. Why/how could they forget these things??
    03-04-09 11:09 AM
    What I was trying to convey here was that it has been asked soooo many times, that seeing more posts about it is annoying.
    And other's find it just as annoying when people whine people not using search.
    03-04-09 11:22 AM
    hop off the iphone already. geez
    03-04-09 11:37 AM
    So which is it?
    This is correct, and it requires too much work for most developers to take the time so we wont see it in too many 3rd party apps either. It's nothing more then wishful thinking.
    03-04-09 11:37 AM
    Hmm...so shall we petition RIM then?
    03-04-09 11:53 AM
    I would be up for the petition if someone started one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 12:04 PM
    I would really like flick scrolling in the browser. The rest I can live without.
    There has to be a developer out there that can make a FULL browser (Flash enabled) with flick scrolling.
    Or am I just dreaming?
    03-04-09 12:12 PM
    I can understand the request for the flick scrolling in the menus. I'm also unsure why RIM did not implement it into their OS. It's certainly not for the fact that the Iphone has it. My previous phone was an LG Voyager and on their new software to make the menus look more like the Dare's they implemented flick scrolling (the rubberband effect). I found it very useful when going through my contacts, but I hated it when going through normal menus. I'm on the fence if I would ever want it or not. At least the question has been answered if it can be added as a third party app. The only reason I would never want it is due to my roommate always saying his Iphone is better than my Storm. If this were a permanent option on the Storm (meaning you can't turn it off), it would just give him a reason to think his phone is still better because RIM was trying to make the Storm like the Iphone (which would be his argument, and of course they're not). At least he admits he's worried about when the Storm's App center launches. He says that's the only thing right now making his phone better.
    03-04-09 12:22 PM
    I would really like flick scrolling in the browser. The rest I can live without.
    There has to be a developer out there that can make a FULL browser (Flash enabled) with flick scrolling.
    Or am I just dreaming?
    I agree with you. Although it would be nice to integrate with the rest of the menus in the UI. Its definatly a cool feature. It works wonders on the Ipod Touch I have and makes it just that much funner. lol Willing to pay for this right here if it was ever figured out how to make. I think with the demand so big, someone will figure something out. RIM should impliment this and Im willing to sign a petition if anyone actually started one. Hey, the made laster OS leaks with full qwerty in portrait. So I know people from there are reading these boards. Its always good to give them insight on what would be great.
    03-04-09 12:24 PM
    I can understand the request for the flick scrolling in the menus. I'm also unsure why RIM did not implement it into their OS. It's certainly not for the fact that the Iphone has it. My previous phone was an LG Voyager and on their new software to make the menus look more like the Dare's they implemented flick scrolling (the rubberband effect). I found it very useful when going through my contacts, but I hated it when going through normal menus. I'm on the fence if I would ever want it or not. At least the question has been answered if it can be added as a third party app. The only reason I would never want it is due to my roommate always saying his Iphone is better than my Storm. If this were a permanent option on the Storm (meaning you can't turn it off), it would just give him a reason to think his phone is still better because RIM was trying to make the Storm like the Iphone (which would be his argument, and of course they're not). At least he admits he's worried about when the Storm's App center launches. He says that's the only thing right now making his phone better.
    Ahh the ol' Voyager. I loved that phone. Never got to experience the new software because I got that phone when it first came out. The LG Dare was next and I loved that phone to death. But once I got a Curve 8330, blackberrys got me addicted. Although the Dare was a great phone and to make the OS in the Voyager just like it, makes that phone that much better. Dang it, now im thinking about that Dare to hard lol. If they can impliment the flick scrolling like that had, that would be good enough.
    03-04-09 12:28 PM
    My first Blackberry was the Pearl with TMobile and I fell in love (with the phone, not the service). I began taking customer service calls for Verizon (indirect agent) and the Voyager came out. Had to have a touch phone. LoL. So I got it. Then I heard about the Storm and now I have the best of both worlds. I did update the software on the voyager to v09, never v11 (heard lots of problems). I love my storm, I don't think I could ever leave it to go back to the Voyager. It's SO much easier to use!! We never know what the, in the words of CX, Gold Code (when it arrives) will implement so don't give up just yet. It might be in there.
    03-04-09 12:42 PM
    You can petition them and bug them all you want (it couldn't hurt). I just don't see RIM adding this feature. RIM likes to do things their own way, not copy what others have done. I know they didn't reinvent the wheel with the whole touchscreen, but they did with the clicking touch screen.

I don't work for RIM though and I don't know any more info then you guys, but I just don't see it happening.
    03-04-09 01:15 PM
    i have to point out the irony here though, everyone is saying they don't copy people and they wont add it but if you think about it technically the way it scrolls now copies off of any phone or computer or touch screen or anything at all that scrolls normal without the flick feature! so whats the big deal if they scroll with the flick feature? its not really copying more than the way it scrolls right now is considered copying.
    03-04-09 02:04 PM
    Thats right. A gold code will eventually come. The phone has great potential and to agree with quic. Everyone copies stuff off of everyone hahahha. Thats how they make competition. RIM shouldve seen the iPhone talk jazz comming by making a touch screen phone. Although I have the Ipod Touch and I love the little thing, Ive gotten more used to the Click Screen and like how it functions over just touching the screen.
    And to CynicalDreams....youve gotta admit. The Storm is definatly sexier in everway compared to the Voyager lol. Although the Dare looked better in my opinion then the Voyager to. Notice the Verizon talk here, there still the best company in my book. There reception is phenominal.
    03-04-09 04:43 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD