Hey Guys,

i already have a 9550 and the screen is getting annoying with the double clicks and often not responding. I am a GSM user.

I just bought a new Storm; this time a 9520 though. From what i understood on the 9550, the ones with the new screen have a yellow or green dot on the box (Label where the IMEI number is written on).
    Do you know if the Storm 9520 with black dot on the box has the new screen as well or is still one of the old Blackberries without revised screen?

Thanks

Smiler51
    07-14-10 01:26 AM
    dot sticker on the box?

mine dont have color dot on the box and my screen is ok.

where u bought your phone? is your phone new or a refurbish set?

maybe the color dot sticker represent what parts was refurbished?
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-14-10 at 01:35 AM.
    07-14-10 01:33 AM
    Maybe the stickers were only on the refurbished models?

When did you buy your Storm 9520?
    07-14-10 01:52 AM
    mine is 9550. from my understanding, there is 2 types/version of screen too.

Mine is from ebay, i think the guy got his phone early this year

my digitizer is = TM1299/TM1304
    my lcd is = -002/111
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-14-10 at 02:36 AM.
    07-14-10 02:33 AM
    I think my guess is correct?

See below. As for the color sticker, as mentioned earlier, it could be use to represent other refurbished part. But so long your phone works well. Don't care about it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/he...k-like-434473/
    07-14-10 03:52 AM
    Hey Titus,

yeah, i saw this thread. The guy received a completely new phone though and not a refurbished one. I bought my phone of eBay as well.

I guess i just have to wait and see how it feels. Everybody says that the click on the updated version is much improved. I bought an iPhone 3GS and had it for a week. It looks nice but misses many options over the blackberry.

Maybe someone else just bought a new Storm 2 recently and can give some feedback if there was a sticker on the box?
    07-14-10 04:13 AM
    Hey Titus,

yeah, i saw this thread. The guy received a completely new phone though and not a refurbished one. I bought my phone of eBay as well.

I guess i just have to wait and see how it feels. Everybody says that the click on the updated version is much improved. I bought an iPhone 3GS and had it for a week. It looks nice but misses many options over the blackberry.

Maybe someone else just bought a new Storm 2 recently and can give some feedback if there was a sticker on the box?
    Did you read almost every pages from that thread? Because later have more pp talk about the stickers and post more photos and more findings.

My storm2 box is the original blackbox but got no dot sticker. Is yours also the orginal telco box?

Can't tell much if the phone is new from factory or not. These days even refurbished electronics they can seal the box with plastic cover to make it like new.

Those pp who bought their phones from states are allow to return their phone in 30days! So you can imagine those phones they return to telco whether good or bad, eventually will be repackage to brand new.

I think the main concern here is...make sure you are happy with your phone and keep it in good condition.

If the label on the box is really an indicator of manufacturing date then on my box it says 261009 made in canada. Does that mean my phone is the original 1st batch storm2? If yes, then I can tell you now that i never have any problem with my screen clicking etc. I even dropped my phone, cracked my screen, replaced the screen myself and till today its will works well!

I saw a video post by the medic nick nice guy about someone received a replacement storm2 and he placed his new storm2 on the ground and have problems pressing the bottom buttons. but for mine, i tried and have no problems at all doing the same act as he did.

so...anyway...good luck to you hope you will be happy with your storm2.

If you don't mind, can you tell me how much you paid for your storm2 at ebay? I am thinking of bidding another storm2 or bold2.
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-14-10 at 04:59 AM.
    07-14-10 04:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD