So I've had my storm since launch and never noticed that when the screen is exposed to bright light it will auto adjust itself and make itself even brighter. Not sure if all os builds do this but I wish there was a way to turn the feature off (its not auto backlight). I really like how bright the screen appears when in lighted conditions (even brighter then 100).

Any insights on being able to set the screens backlight to that specific brightness? It really makes the screen and what your viewing look so much better.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by REC7IFY; 01-17-09 at 05:54 PM.
    01-17-09 05:46 PM
    What you described sounds exactly like the auto dim backlight feature. Theory is that brighter backlight makes the screen easier to view in sunlight.

You can turn it off at options -> screen/keyboard -> automatically dim backlight. When it's off, your screen will remain at constant brightness regardless of the amount of ambient light.

The sensor is co-located with the led. You can test it by covering it with your finger and seeing if the screen reacts.
    01-17-09 05:52 PM
    Wish there was a way to set it to that brightness level. I have my auto dim set to off yet like I said in my OP it will still auto adjust. Just really like how bright the screen appears and wish there was a way to display in that contrast all the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 06:02 PM
    Yep, both my Storm and Bold are like that. Auto dim is off but it gets even brighter in the sun anyway lol. Both screens are amazingly bright either way.
    01-17-09 06:05 PM
    REC7IFY are you a Subaru fan? If so, on NASIOC?
    01-18-09 12:13 AM
    What you described sounds exactly like the auto dim backlight feature. Theory is that brighter backlight makes the screen easier to view in sunlight.

You can turn it off at options -> screen/keyboard -> automatically dim backlight. When it's off, your screen will remain at constant brightness regardless of the amount of ambient light.

The sensor is co-located with the led. You can test it by covering it with your finger and seeing if the screen reacts.
    has anybody else experienced this turning off the auto dim feature this way but it still operates? I can't get it to turn off
    01-18-09 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD