We need a netflix app. Could a BlackBerry/Verizon handle it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 08:43 PM
    that would be great
    04-28-10 08:59 PM
    There are some
    04-28-10 09:11 PM
    Id love one as well!
    04-29-10 07:53 AM
    then go download one..
    04-29-10 09:31 AM
    I use In2Flick and really like it. All you have to do is search on "Netflix" and up will pop several threads. There are two major ones; this is one and I can't remember the other.
    04-29-10 09:36 AM
    there is one in app world but its paid : (

04-29-10 09:54 AM
    There are some available. The obe mentioned above, and Movela (the only one I see in the app store, $4.99)

To those who want a free one: Wait for it or write one.
    04-29-10 10:12 AM
    there is one in app world but its paid : (

Why do people always balk at paying for an app? If they were $10-20, I could understand, but people get upset even paying $1.99! Come on people, these app developers have to make something for their efforts. I'm sure you would expect compensation for your work?
    04-29-10 10:13 AM
    Why do people always balk at paying for an app? If they were $10-20, I could understand, but people get upset even paying $1.99! Come on people, these app developers have to make something for their efforts. I'm sure you would expect compensation for your work?

Why are 100% of the apps for the Droid, totally free ? Developers made them too.
    04-29-10 10:35 AM
    Why are 100% of the apps for the Droid, totally free ? Developers made them too.
    This link should explain more about that.

Go smoke some more crack. Maybe you'll know less when you're done. Then again, maybe not.
    04-29-10 10:39 AM
    The movela netflix app works great. Def worth a measly fiver

04-29-10 10:59 AM
    This link should explain more about that.
    Muh ha ha ha... I love that site!

I have to agree. I roll my eyes every time I see some tool complaining about paying $2 for an app. You don't go to the local hardware store to get a screwdriver (as simple as a screwdriver is) and expect them to give it to you for free just because it is a "simple" tool. So why should you expect the developers spending their time to develop apps to give them away for free.

If it helps you out, pay for it.
    04-29-10 11:05 AM
    Why does every thread I see, no matter what the topic, always turns in to droid this and BB that????? Jesus.
    04-29-10 11:43 AM
    Good to know..thanks for info on apps.
    04-29-10 11:50 AM
    Well the netflix apps for xbox ps3 and wii are free...

04-29-10 12:01 PM
    Muh ha ha ha... I love that site!

I have to agree. I roll my eyes every time I see some tool complaining about paying $2 for an app. You don't go to the local hardware store to get a screwdriver (as simple as a screwdriver is) and expect them to give it to you for free just because it is a "simple" tool. So why should you expect the developers spending their time to develop apps to give them away for free.

If it helps you out, pay for it.
    $2 for an app?? You can't even get berryweather for less than $9.99. How about tetherberry for $50??

Not saying every BB app needs to be free but they need to be at least a little closer in price to the droid app market.
    04-29-10 12:07 PM
    In the case of Netflix the complaint may be that Netflix themselves develops apps for other platforms at no cost, but if you are a Blackberry user, we need an independent developer to create a Netflix app and it obviously will cost money. So the complaint I hope isn't that the developers charge for apps that obviously take time, money and knowledge to create, but more that since we use BB's we don't get some apps built by the companies themselves that are free on other platforms. That said, I have Movela and like it fine. It's good for when I am out shopping and come across some movies that look interesting and want to add to my queue. But I also have an iPad and downloaded the Netflix app created by Netflix themselves, which allows you to do everything Movela does, and also stream movies from my instant queue all for free. Something like that will be available for mobile phones as well from what I've heard, but I think only Android devices and iPhone. Unless someone else has some news regarding Netflix developping for BB's.
    04-29-10 01:02 PM
    $2 for an app?? You can't even get berryweather for less than $9.99. How about tetherberry for $50??

Not saying every BB app needs to be free but they need to be at least a little closer in price to the droid app market.

I think it's the other way around. Droid has fewer users. When they get a lot more users (and they will,) app prices will go up. Promotional marketing isn't supposed to make money, it's supposed to draw an audience. Once you have your audience, you can change your price to meet your revenue needs.
    04-30-10 05:23 AM
    I want a Netflix Streaming app for the Storm2, not a management app. That is what would be killer!
    04-30-10 09:28 AM
    Yeah, I don't need a management app, just for streaming.

04-30-10 12:28 PM
    I think it's the other way around. Droid has fewer users. When they get a lot more users (and they will,) app prices will go up. Promotional marketing isn't supposed to make money, it's supposed to draw an audience. Once you have your audience, you can change your price to meet your revenue needs.

How would you explain the iphone app market where apps are even cheaper than droid? Iphone has been out for almost 3.5 years now...Is that still in the "promotional" phase of marketing?

Say what you will...but apps are a big part of owning a smartphone in 2010 and Blackberry needs to work to catch up to Droid and Iphone.
    04-30-10 04:57 PM
    How would you explain the iphone app market where apps are even cheaper than droid? Iphone has been out for almost 3.5 years now...Is that still in the "promotional" phase of marketing?

Say what you will...but apps are a big part of owning a smartphone in 2010 and Blackberry needs to work to catch up to Droid and Iphone.

Not sure what apps you're comparing to what apps here. Most of the apps I buy and use are under $5. My iPhone user friends hover around the same. Free apps on either platform are generally supported by ad revenue, or by licensees giving away their usage data so publishers can use them for profit.
    05-01-10 03:38 PM
    But back to the point, Movela upgrade to 2.0 just announced. I downloaded and the majority of upgrade effort went to usability. I'm more okay than ever with the $4.99 I spent.
    05-01-10 03:43 PM
    apps shouldnt cost this much and what could u possilby use a netflix app for honestly....
    05-01-10 10:32 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD