Ok... so I just bought a STORM 1. Its unlocked and Im using it on Tmobile. EVERYTHING works... bbm, email, sms, mms, browser, everything... and it works faster than my pearl flip did straight from tmobile. Thankfully I am not suffering from the EDGE/GPRS flip flopping that others seem to be having... Im EDGE 90% of the time....

so... I am adding new apps and themes OTA, but I want this one theme that is only available by using the BB manager and my PC. When I go to upload it, it is also trying to upgrade my OS. I am afraid that the upgrade will affect my ability to use all the programs and it will re-lock it back to verizon.

Im currently running V5.0.0.328 OS and dont see a reason for the OS update.

I'll live without the theme for now, but I would like to know if updating anything with the BB manager will screw me up.

Thanks for the help.
    05-02-10 01:56 PM
    Updating with Desktop Manager will not relock your phone. Unlocking is a one-time, irreversible act. If you decline DM's offer to upgrade your OS, you should still be able to install other apps. You don't have to let it upgrade your OS if you don't want it.
    05-02-10 02:09 PM
    I tried unchecking the boxes for the OS upgrade but it is un-unclickable. Its a lighter shade gray as opposed to anything that i want to upgrade which is a black check mark. I dont remember having this problem with either one of my previous BBs. There are two boxes checked off for upgrade that I didnt choose... One is the OS "BB 5.0.0 core applications/system software and BB maps"
    05-02-10 02:19 PM
    Do you have the theme you want to install already downloaded to your PC? If so, disconnect your PC from the internet and run DM again. With no internet connection, it can't download an OS upgrade.
    05-02-10 02:25 PM
    let me give that a shot right now... stay tuned
    05-02-10 02:34 PM
    you my friend are a genius!!!
    it worked with no OS upgrade!!
    Thank you soooo much

306858ED is my PIN... Feel free to add me!
    05-02-10 02:50 PM
    I'm glad it worked, but I can't take any credit for the idea. Take a few minutes and browse the BlackBerry 101 tutorial series that's found under the BlackBerry Help button at the top of the page. The How To and FAQ forum is another good reference. Welcome to CrackBerry!
    05-02-10 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD