this guys a kid that wants to play games... sounds like he doesn't even need a blackberry.. he needs a dyper and his Zelda game and sell a phone that his Mom bought him
    03-29-09 10:35 AM
    If its such a "bad phone" why not take $20? That's a reasonable price for a phone that hasn't lived up to the hype. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 10:39 AM
    Wouldn't it be more efficient to use your phone as a phone and maybe buy a nintendo DS or someting

Cheaper than an iPhone and no dropped calls...
    KUUUUDOOSSS!!!!!

03-29-09 11:05 AM
    well mjbesen310 I am only 25 and I grew up playing these games oh yeah like almost 20yrs ago so excuse me for thinking that maybe this NEW phone/pda/media device could handle something so ancient....maybe I dont need a blackberry what I need was what I thought I was buying a all in one media friendly device this thing cant even play my mp3 properly and btw what should my needs be to have a blackberry didnt know it was some ******* club for old men and corperate shills I'm young I expect alot out of my NEW devices when I heard this was going to kick Iphone *** I decided to stay with blackberry because like I had already said my pearl did everything I expected and more including some kick *** games (am I right?) why have I hit such a nerve here?? like I have said the phone itself works great it's just the things it should be able to do that **** me off all I want is to be able to play some games, listen to music watch some vids while commuting to the office Gasp shock yes I work in an office and still want entertainment and fun and thats what this phone was built up to seem like it was capabile of. like the comercial of the blackberry bullet going threw the apple havent they just built the hype too much?? maybe I'm just not patient enough? as of yet no one has said that some upgrades from rim might solve these problems or take advantage of the phones capabilities so what am I t think?

and I'm sorry if this offends anyone but when I picture a Storm user/abuser I think of someone in there early 20's to late 30"s people who grew up playing games and are media savy wanting more I imagine the old men/women here remember when they promised we'd be living a the moon by now...I'm not asking for that just to play some 20yr old games and have my phone recognnize the 1000+ media files I have and play them (just mp3 and mp4 so whats the problem?)
    03-29-09 11:20 AM
    well mjbesen310 I am only 25 and I grew up playing these games oh yeah like almost 20yrs ago so excuse me for thinking that maybe this NEW phone/pda/media device could handle something so ancient....maybe I dont need a blackberry what I need was what I thought I was buying a all in one media friendly device this thing cant even play my mp3 properly and btw what should my needs be to have a blackberry didnt know it was some ******* club for old men and corperate shills I'm young I expect alot out of my NEW devices when I heard this was going to kick Iphone *** I decided to stay with blackberry because like I had already said my pearl did everything I expected and more including some kick *** games (am I right?) why have I hit such a nerve here?? like I have said the phone itself works great it's just the things it should be able to do that **** me off all I want is to be able to play some games, listen to music watch some vids while commuting to the office Gasp shock yes I work in an office and still want entertainment and fun and thats what this phone was built up to seem like it was capabile of. like the comercial of the blackberry bullet going threw the apple havent they just built the hype too much?? maybe I'm just not patient enough? as of yet no one has said that some upgrades from rim might solve these problems or take advantage of the phones capabilities so what am I t think?

and I'm sorry if this offends anyone but when I picture a Storm user/abuser I think of someone in there early 20's to late 30"s people who grew up playing games and are media savy wanting more I imagine the old men/women here remember when they promised we'd be living a the moon by now...I'm not asking for that just to play some 20yr old games and have my phone recognnize the 1000+ media files I have and play them (just mp3 and mp4 so whats the problem?)
    Umm because this is a blackberry forum maybe??? Look jay it's as simple as this. If the phone did not live up to your expectations or doesn't do what you want/need it to then you should get rid of it. If you think the iphone is for you get ya one man. I wish you all the luck. Oh btw if you are serious about selling it you may wanna post it in the Marketplace for best results...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/
    03-29-09 11:29 AM
    oh and of course I'm pissed I paid alot for a device I've had to replace three times in the last 4 months and have had the my service provider appoligise time and time again for how bad the thing is so I've felt a little justified in complaining about the Storm when even my provider is telling me the thing is bad and has had MANY returned I would have done the same with mine but I tried to have patience thinking a good os would take care of my problems with it and again the things it does it does wonderfully the phone never drops calls, the browser is faster than my high speed connection at home and the push email works like a charm but then again my pearl did the same I mean why even come out with a touch screen device with such a huge screen if not for media and gaming applications is it so the old men/women can read their emails in large type so they don't have top pull out them ol eyeglasses?? again not trying to offend just my opinion I do love blackberry so :P
    03-29-09 11:38 AM
    I'd take $175 for it, it's only two weeks old no scratches the .103 os seems to be stable on it other than massive memory drain it runs fine it just dosnt do what I'd expect from this type of phone so yes Guess I should have gottn an Iphone
    Put it on Ebay....I got $400 for mine.
    03-29-09 12:02 PM
    Jay you've been attacked for 3 pages because you wanted a decent multi-media device as well : )

I thought the Storm was supposed to be a good multi-media device as well but wtf do we know.

I want to attack you now.

If you wanted a great multi-media device on your phone you should have bought the iPhone in the first place.

03-29-09 12:30 PM
    lol I know I should have bought an Iphone in the first place it's just like I've been saying I loved my pearl and I really thought Rim was stepping up to the plate with this phone and again if someone knows of if an update to some of the phones abilities would make it capable of iphone type multi media apps then please tell me and I'll stick it out a little longer and wait and wait for a few more months for Rim to get it's **** together
    03-29-09 12:42 PM
    I'd just like to know why if you're 25, you type like a 6 year old with Downs Syndrome. Punctuation counts, sir.

The phone was never marketed as an "iPhone Killer". That's what reviewers try and dub anything that even remotely competes with the iPhone. I believe "iPhone Alternative" would be a much better buzz word.

If you really want to stick with BlackBerry so bad, then why didn't you keep your Pearl and go buy an iPod touch? BTW.. Have you ever actually tried playing one of said emulators on the iPhone? It's very un-fun. Those games have controllers with physical buttons for a reason.
    03-29-09 12:57 PM
    Kinda lost here. Someone please show me any device that has a feature bulletpoint of "game console emulator compatible"

Jay you've been attacked for 3 pages because you wanted a decent multi-media device as well : )

I thought the Storm was supposed to be a good multi-media device as well but wtf do we know.

I want to attack you now.

If you wanted a great multi-media device on your phone you should have bought the iPhone in the first place.

Oooo... How bout you sir? Since game emulators are now part of decent multimedia devices. Does that mean my PS3 fails?
    03-29-09 01:59 PM
    kuroshio do you not know that your Ps3 can play any number of emulators from atari right up to xbox its quite functional as a multi media device this phone however is not
    03-29-09 03:00 PM
    kuroshio do you not know that your Ps3 can play any number of emulators from atari right up to xbox its quite functional as a multi media device this phone however is not
    TBH I never looked into it. Subconsciously I'd guess I was aware of it, knowing that I can load linux on it and have access to most the functionality of linux (device driver incompatibility ect excepted).

However I didn't buy a PS3 to play NES games. And I'd look kinda foolish if I did. If customizability is the feature you want most, both the Storm and the iPhone were wrong for you. A WinMo device would suit you better. But if your biggest complaint is a lack of emulators for the Storm, you're off-track.

Need to be railing against the 3rd party app developers about that since no 1st party developer includes that on any device.
    03-29-09 03:11 PM
    If you want an iPhone, stop ******** about it and get it!
    03-29-09 05:20 PM
    If you want an iPhone, stop ******** about it and get it!
    Unfortunately, as Jeep14 aptly demonstrates, getting one won't satisfy them. They'll still be here whinging about the Storm because the iPhone, and tbh no phone, can pacify them.
    03-29-09 05:59 PM
    Hey jaywrm Have you made a deal with your storm? PM me if you haven't. I made a promise that I wouldn't get on crackberry today and made it until 6:15 pm.
    03-29-09 06:15 PM
    Just get an Ipod touch. If by the end of the year the apps aren't up to par I just might consider switching. But I do like the video cam on my storm. It also looks
    like independent developers are stepping
    up to the plate. So lets see. But I have to
    say Apples Apps can make one drool
    03-30-09 03:25 PM
    kuroshio do you not know that your Ps3 can play any number of emulators from atari right up to xbox
    Uh, no, it can't play Xbox.
    03-31-09 01:06 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD