it was BOUND TO HAPPEN! I'm lucky that it hit on a corner and only put a small chip in it but I hate to even have that. I have no skin or plastic protector on my Storm because of how tight it makes it fit into the BB holster (vertical type) that I bought at the Verizon store. I like the holster design but am thinking I need to be in the market for a holster/skin or case combination that will give me the protection against droppage I need but still provide the ease of use and magnetic shutoff I get with my current holster.
    Recommendations?
    01-18-09 08:26 AM
    I bought the hard plastic armor. Will not fit in the storm BB case but there is a larger BB case available not sure which model BB my case is designed for but with the armor it fits nicely and still goes into standby mode when I put it in.
    01-18-09 08:30 AM
    Is it vertical or horizontal? Is there a brand name associated with your hard case?
    Any chance you could post photos?
    01-18-09 08:41 AM
    I dropped mine........it was sad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 09:31 AM
    I dropped mine and promptly bought the Innocase I (covers more than the InnocaseII). I see that Seidio also has case/holster combos, as well.

This thing won't let me post a link yet, but go to Seidioonline.com
    01-18-09 09:39 AM
    I just dropped mine last night too...forgot i had it in my lap...and Slam Dunk...i heard a thump. =( chip on the chrome bezel now...do I replace the part???
    01-18-09 09:44 AM
    You could wait for the Otterbox case...
    01-18-09 09:48 AM
    I use the Verizon silicone skin in the side pouch which actually works pretty good. The case puts the Berry to sleep in the case and the skin keeps you sane when out.

- E
    01-18-09 09:53 AM
    I just put Ghost Armor on mine and I have the vertical holster. So far it isn't hard to slip it in and out. Haven't dropped it yet, so I don't know how it would hold up to that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 10:32 AM
    BSE full body skin + leather holster with the magnetic strap = dropped 3+ times and no scratches no issues.
    01-18-09 10:56 AM
    I use the plastic hard case and Horizontal holster, both purchased at Verizon. The hard case is to protect against falls, yet it can easily be taken off if needed. It slides nicely into the holster and and the holster magnetic flap which closes the holster also puts it in sleep mode. Great battery life.
    01-18-09 11:22 AM
    Lots of good replies thus far. To be sure that users (including moi) are finding the referenced products it'd be nice to get links or model numbers. Pricing would also be great!

Thanks A Million
    01-18-09 11:40 AM
    Lots of good replies thus far. To be sure that users (including moi) are finding the referenced products it'd be nice to get links or model numbers. Pricing would also be great!Thanks A Million
    picked up a few of these when they were on sale for 5.99 RIM Blackberry Storm 9500, 9530

Leather holster Enter your location
    01-18-09 12:13 PM
    Check out my other post on The Ultimate Storm Protection.
    01-18-09 12:37 PM
    01-18-09 01:01 PM
    Bought it from VZW in store. Must be for the largest BB but not sure which one.
    Is it vertical or horizontal? Is there a brand name associated with your hard case?
    Any chance you could post photos?
    02-01-09 09:36 AM

Thanks for the tip, and the link.
    I am expecting some abuse when I take it to the dragstrip this year.
    I ordered mine today... looks like its the best case on the market.
    Looks sweet too.
    Last edited by nulldog; 02-01-09 at 11:01 AM.
    02-01-09 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD