I have the Storm and decided to try the Bold...I like the Storm better and plan on returning the Bold(still within my 30 day trial period). Here's where I need help. I got a sweet number from ATT. Can I port that number over to Verizon before I return the Bold? Will I incur any fees fromm ATT if I port the number over...Thanks in advance for your help.
    12-01-08 08:10 AM
    If you port the number you will pay an etf

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 08:15 AM
    We tried at&t right before that other 3G phone came out... We ported our Verizon numbers over. When we went back to Verizon two weeks later (we weren't happy at all with AT&T's service or voice quality) we were told to go back to Verizon and make sure our numbers were ported back to Verizon before we returned our AT&T equipment.

They told us to port the numbers first then return the phones and it would close the account and incur NO etf. Best bet would be to call AT&T customer service...

This is what we did. Ported our numbers back to Verizon, then returned the AT&T equipment within the 30 day window and got a bill for just the minutes we used. No etf. (your results may very :P )
    12-01-08 08:21 AM
    Thanks....But I never ported my number over to ATT. I just started a new account but I would love to keep the cell number. I just want to make sure that I don't pat the early ETF if I port that number over to Verizon.
    12-01-08 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD