Currently my phone is only freezing up about 5 times a day. Whenever I look at it the little clock thing is just chillin in the middle of the screen. Either that or its in an endless loop of reclaiming memory at high priority. My problem is I wish I could do more than 5 batt pulls a day. I mean the whole point of having this phone is to constantly watch it boot up right?

I could uninstall the few apps I have to see if that works. But again the whole point of having a smartphone with an app world is to not be able to dowbload any apps right? I mean that is just pure flawless engineering.

If you're not rebooting you're phone 8 times a day or meticulously uninstalling and reinstalling the few apps you have then what is the point? Who the **** would want a phone that actually works? Pfft working phones are for pansies!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-10 03:15 PM
    I only do a battery pull/soft reset about twice a month (usually "just because" not because of a malfunction). The battery pull I did two weeks ago was the result of being inside a building with no cell signal for the better part of 12 hours. When I emerged, it seemed to have forgotten it was a cell phone. I should have switched the radio off when I realized I was in a worse-than-dead zone especially since I was not in a position to respond to a call even if I had received one. Colleagues with me at the time had the same problem with their iPhones.
    05-24-10 07:04 PM
    It's pissing me off with the number of reboots I have to do. I'll get a phone call and can't even answer it because my phone froze up.
    07-07-10 11:03 AM
    It's pissing me off with the number of reboots I have to do. I'll get a phone call and can't even answer it because my phone froze up.
    Get a droid, the Storm isn't for you.
    07-07-10 03:17 PM
    storm 2. i know a few people who have the storm and have the same problems, which was why i was little nervouse about getting the s2, but i only reset once a week because i have it scheduled with quickpull
    07-07-10 03:20 PM
    Get a droid, the Storm isn't for you.
    Yup, the Storm is for people who enjoy not being able to answer calls because the device locked up.

There are lots of folks who own Blackberries who don't have any problems at all. Most of them do not own the Storm 1. I've been a Blackberry owner for years, but the Storm 1 almost made me reconsider. I'm glad now that I didn't.
    07-07-10 03:22 PM
    storm 2. i know a few people who have the storm and have the same problems, which was why i was little nervouse about getting the s2, but i only reset once a week because i have it scheduled with quickpull
    I never reset my S2 unless an app update or something requires it.

I also only reset my Storm 1 once every week or two once it was on the better OS's.
    07-07-10 11:24 PM
    I never reset my S2 unless an app update or something requires it.

I also only reset my Storm 1 once every week or two once it was on the better OS's.
    First hand experience doesn't work here; sorry. When someone trolls, the only answer worth typing out is "get a droid". It doesn't matter how well your phone might work, if theirs doesn't for any reason then they automatically all suck and once that opinion is set there is no convincing them otherwise. After 2,500 posts I hope you understand
    07-08-10 09:54 AM
    I remember a time when I first got my Storm, it was a couple of times a day that I would have to pull the battery. If fact I still catch myself doing it with out even relizing what I'm doing.

But with .328 & and .419 I might have gone a week or more between battery pulls. But I'm back to doing them almost daily on .519 as either an email, or the phone freezes up and will not work correctly... But the better reception that .591 provides is worth the occasional battery pull.
    07-08-10 01:21 PM
    I remember a time when I first got my Storm, it was a couple of times a day that I would have to pull the battery. If fact I still catch myself doing it with out even relizing what I'm doing.

But with .328 & and .419 I might have gone a week or more between battery pulls. But I'm back to doing them almost daily on .519 as either an email, or the phone freezes up and will not work correctly... But the better reception that .591 provides is worth the occasional battery pull.
    Has the reception gone from sketchy to good, or are you literally getting service where you couldn't before? The one thing that bugs me is my phone, honest to god, will get good 3g data from one end of my desk, but if I move it to the other end it gets no data service at all. Of course this is in a building where a lot of people have to stand right at the windows to make a call so I'm not really complaining.
    07-08-10 03:22 PM
    I could only use my phone if I stood up by one window in my house, or went outside. I missed calls regularly, or had dropped calls if I answered before getting to the right location.

Now it works just fine, anywhere in the house...
    07-09-10 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD