Good start to the game, it looks like it has promise. Like others have posted, having some obstacles or timed events would really spice things up, a lot more than just avoiding holes like in Labyrinth for the iPhone. Also, having a background that moves together, maybe mimicking water, might drive home the fact that you are suspended on a road, not stuck between walls.

It's kind of like Super Monkey Ball 2D.
    01-23-09 04:50 PM
    I did have plans for other elements to the game, such as timed levels. And the levels will have multiple paths that you can take, that's a promise. Also, lives are one thing that I have been toying around with, like 3 lives, then every so many levels you get a life..etc.

An update, I have picked up another member on the development team, that will be helping with the graphics, and so far from what I have seen has been fantastic. So expect a major graphics overhaul. As well as some other gameplay changes.
    Last edited by coffman34; 01-24-09 at 12:55 AM.
    01-24-09 12:40 AM
    $1.25 is an awesome price. If it's in beta... let me know once its out. I will post it on my site: ilovemystorm.com and will post the OTA link on there or a purchase link to help with the sales.

nice to see games coming for the storm. we would like to see more FREE games however.

Thanks!
    01-24-09 01:08 AM
    For eveyone asking about obsticals there is an old thread that stated that he was going to use water, ice, and some other sorts to make it more challenging.

Here it is....

Once it is complete here is a description:

You try to guide the ball through the level to an objective. There will be things that will affect how your roller ball moves, ice, sticky tape, etc. Once you get to the objective, you move on to the next, more challenging level.
    The ball is moving slow in that version, due to as the game progresses, the ball will be moving faster, as well as other obstacles in the way.
    Last edited by httrdd; 01-24-09 at 02:20 AM.
    01-24-09 02:16 AM
    I would pay �2.50 for a game like this, with a nice amount of levels..

Good luck and thumbs up and thanks for all the speedy updates of whats happening..i will be watching very closely

Cheers
    Drew
    01-24-09 08:20 AM
    Just thought I would give everyone another big update. Well, expect a new demo soon, with updated graphics. And also expect to be blown away by how much different the gameplay is (It's not that different, but the small change makes a HUUUGGGEEE!!! difference).
    01-24-09 10:17 PM
    If I could suggest that you put in an override setting in the options for the screen time out. I had the screen blank out while playing.
    01-24-09 11:03 PM
    If I could suggest that you put in an override setting in the options for the screen time out. I had the screen blank out while playing.
    Yes, this has been discussed. In order to do it, you have to purchase code signing keys, which I thought were $100, but I recently found out they are only $20, and purchased a set today, so as soon as I get those, the backlight dimming problem will be fixed..
    01-25-09 01:16 AM
    Can't wait for a demo. Thanks Coff!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 07:26 AM
    let's keep this on page one.
    01-25-09 07:44 PM
    Nice. Can't wait for the updated demo.
    01-25-09 08:25 PM
    Bump (Awaiting new Beta)
    01-26-09 06:52 AM
    Been working on some new bugs with the new gameplay changes. When I have gotten most worked out I will release the new demo. They're calling for like 10 inches of snow where I live and I have to work a 24 hour shift tomorrow. So I probably won't be able to work on it until Wednesday.

01-26-09 08:13 PM
    Great game couldn't even vest first level. My two cents is graphics and maybe start out easier ha

01-26-09 08:56 PM
    First off, I just want to say PROPS TO YOU! It's about time the Storm is getting this kind of love. Keep up the GREAT work. This has so much potential and once you finish this, you won't want to stop creating more games and they will get better and better each time. The demo was perfect. It wasn't too hard, (beat it my first try), but it showed us the potential to make us want to purchase it. You didn't give it "all" to us to try which makes people like me very anxious to see the progress of it. Some people have a tendency to give too much at first which can make people lose interest sooner. That said, keep the updates of progress coming and keep up the good work.
    01-26-09 10:56 PM
    I think I'm gonna have to try this game out!

01-26-09 11:04 PM
    Nice game and yeah 1.25 is a great price. Btw game kept me occupied for two hours. Lol.

01-27-09 01:13 AM
    Nice game and yeah 1.25 is a great price. Btw game kept me occupied for two hours. Lol.

I hope you were playing it over and over and not trying to beat it for that long! I beat the entire thing in about two trys! Lol!
    01-27-09 04:19 PM
    Nevermind about Twitter, doesn't give me enough room to post..lol..

But heres and update. Been at work in this dang snow storm for the past 48 hours. Dunno when I'll get out. But I managed to get the timers working. Still working on the dialogs, got them working, but the game still seems to be running in the background. Waiting on the final art for the first theme to come in and I will get another demo up...
    Last edited by coffman34; 01-28-09 at 10:36 AM.
    01-28-09 10:32 AM
    Hey coffman, i dont think $1.25 is bad at all for a decent game. However, the demo i just downloaded is incredibly buggy, I mean its so buggy I dont know how it was released.

I downloaded the first versions of the game a few weeks ago when you first decided to create this game. You have improved in leaps and bounds but this version is really bad. The ball is jumping all over the screen. Its not even staying between the the white lines. its like the ball is smoking Harlem crack. Its super bouncy.
    01-28-09 10:53 AM
    Hey coffman, i dont think $1.25 is bad at all for a decent game. However, the demo i just downloaded is incredibly buggy, I mean its so buggy I dont know how it was released.

I downloaded the first versions of the game a few weeks ago when you first decided to create this game. You have improved in leaps and bounds but this version is really bad. The ball is jumping all over the screen. Its not even staying between the the white lines. its like the ball is smoking Harlem crack. Its super bouncy.
    I'm pretty sure I have gotten all that fixed (the ball jumping around) in the newest version. It doesn't stay completely in the white lines because the platform is suppose to be a suspended platform, and the ball doesn't "fall" off until the center of the ball (that touches the ground) falls off the edge. This has been discussed, and will be fixed when the updated graphics come that show that the platform and ball are suspended.

I am EXTREMELY HAPPY to announce that I have successfully gotten save games to work. The game now saves the last level you were one if 1.) the game gets interruped (ie a phone call, sms, etc) and 2.) when you close the game.

I will be adding a menu item that will allow you to restart the whole game. As well as restart the current level.

Learning how to do the game saves will now also lead to High scores!!!

EDIT: I forgot to add, this game, when released, will be available to all Blackberries with either an accelerometer (Storm) or trackballs. But keep in mind that this game will be developed for the Storm first and the other blackberries second..
    Last edited by coffman34; 01-28-09 at 02:44 PM.
    01-28-09 02:39 PM
    Sounds like you are making progress. Any estimate on a timeframe for a demo?

01-28-09 05:47 PM
    Well waiting on my partner to have some time off from school to finish the graphics. He said he has the next 4 days off. So should be soon. I hope. Can't wait to show you guys how much it has actually changed.

01-28-09 06:54 PM
    Sweet! Cant wait to see the final release.
    01-28-09 07:36 PM
    So, basically, you're saying you just need to "Tighten up the graphics?"

Don't you wish it was just like that^?
    01-28-09 09:23 PM
110 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD