Code signing keys only cost $20, not $100. RIM lowered the price recently.
    01-23-09 08:34 AM
    thats awesome
    01-23-09 08:36 AM
    fun game, but my BB freezes up and resets whenever I play. This happening to anyone else??
    01-23-09 08:53 AM
    Fun game, great work!
    01-23-09 09:14 AM
    fun game, but my BB freezes up and resets whenever I play. This happening to anyone else??
    This happened to me once. I got app error and it reset. It happened when i received an email.
    01-23-09 09:50 AM
    Great game. I would pay a couple of bucks for a full version.
    01-23-09 09:53 AM
    Anyone else notice that if you put your phone on a flat surface, the ball rolls off the track?? You would think it would just sit there. Does that mean the accelerometer is squinky in my phone? Hmmm.....

Cool game, I can see spending hours playing it.
    01-23-09 10:01 AM
    Awesome game idea! Only thing I would suggest is to disable/stop the screen dimmer while the game is running.. Unless that's just my phone o.O
    01-23-09 10:12 AM
    Interested in the app but same problem as skinnedcartree. running storm on .75. permissions all set on allow. The ball just keeps ghosting through the walls.
    01-23-09 11:07 AM
    Just an FYI RIM lowered their code signing price so it's now only 20$.

I just tried the game and here is what I think

A. It's not "flashy" enough. The track looks find but the plain white is kind of hard on the eyes. Maybe try a softer color? (not that huge of a deal, but in my experience people are more likely to play for something that looks "flashy" lol)
    B. The game doesn't work, the ball just keeps bouncing around and going through walls. I'm running .90
    C. If you start the game up in landscape mode half the level is missing. When I flip it to portrait mode everything is fine though.

I would pay for the game though, I love puzzle games and I love using the accelerometers. I think you will have no problem getting 100+ purchases in it's fixed state. It still needs some work though.
    Last edited by dmglakewood; 01-23-09 at 11:25 AM.
    01-23-09 11:18 AM
    I tried the link, but it didn't work for me. How can I get this to try?
    01-23-09 11:22 AM
    I tried the link, but it didn't work for me. How can I get this to try?
    You have to click on the link using your storm
    01-23-09 11:28 AM
    First let me say this is a great app with what I think will have awesome potential.

Playing the first couple levels here are a couple things I noticed problems with right away.
    - If you touch the ways slightly the ball does not reset. I'm assuming there are some issues with the visuals and the actual boundary the ball touches before the reset.

- I was only able to try up to the 2nd level because when I reach the goal the level does not complete.

- On the 2nd level if I hold the phone straght up and down to slam the ball into the wall intentionally, the ball is able to fall through about half the level before it hits the wall and resets.

Good work so far. I look forward to seeing this finished, and would def pay a couple bucks for this game.
    01-23-09 11:46 AM
    Good game! Look forward to the full version. On a side note, can you not beat level 2 of the demo? I got to the end, but the swirl won't grab the ball. lol
    01-23-09 11:49 AM
    if it could not reset everytime you got a message and if you could play it on landscape it would be good. also then thier is the fading problem.
    01-23-09 12:02 PM
    I had another idea for the further levels =)
    Since you can speed the ball up by tilting further, maybe add a ramp with a gap to jump over. If possible, just a thought ;D
    01-23-09 12:08 PM
    Nice work! I can see a polished version of this game being very addictive.

+1 for previous comments, specifically the screen fading, the "dull" appearance

I assume the ghosting through the walls is intentional..so that you have to stay somewhat within the walls. If you didn't ghost through them, and instead the ball bounced up against the wall, there would be no challenge (unless, of course, as soon as you touched the wall AT ALL it reset you back to start...but I could see that getting *really* frustrating).

Keep up the great work! Excellent first effort!
    01-23-09 12:52 PM
    i would definitely buy it. Great use of the accelerometer. My only request would be a little more color and maybe some sound effects. You don't necessarily need music just sound effects for rolling, hitting a wall, and going down the drain.
    01-23-09 01:08 PM
    Oh, and one more, fairly insignificant and nitpicky comment...why is it "Ballz of Furie"? Fury is spelled with a "y". Spelling it with an "ie" is just sort of...odd.
    01-23-09 01:09 PM
    Oh, and one more, fairly insignificant and nitpicky comment...why is it "Ballz of Furie"? Fury is spelled with a "y". Spelling it with an "ie" is just sort of...odd.
    Maybe he didn't want to infringe on a movie's copyrighted title (Balls Of Fury). on the other hand, maybe he just can't spell very well.
    01-23-09 01:16 PM
    Alright, bad news first, I've had to order a new storm from VZW because of the call end and back/bb menu buttons on mine feel like they're about to fall off. good news is this does not affect the debugging of the game. Lol.

Since I've found out that code signing keys only cost $20 now I will look into buying some today to deal with the screen dimming issue.

As for if you put the phone flat and the ball still rolls, this is because that it is using raw data from the accelerometer, and you never get a 0 reading from it, there is always some sort of reading on all axis.

For the ball ghosting through walls, I guess better graphics would help explain this. See what appears to be walls are not actually walls. The, well call it the road, is sort of suspended. So the ball does not "hit" the walls, it "falls" off the road. Once it hits the balls center of gravity, that's when it falls off.

I will be working on better graphics for right now, seems to be the biggest problem so far.

Thanks everyone for all the great comments and for giving me the motivation to keep on developing this game.

The last poster was correct, I'm pretty sure Balls of Fury is copyrighted somewhere, so that is just a working title I have right now.

And this demo only has two levels, that is why the exit does not work on the second level. And both levels were just kind of thrown together so that I could test the level changes..
    Last edited by coffman34; 01-23-09 at 01:24 PM.
    01-23-09 01:21 PM
    This is a great alpha version! I'd love to see it all the way through the progression to final, and then possibly in the App store once that gets going!

Good on ya!
    01-23-09 01:26 PM
    Awesome work, coff. Definitely would pay a couple bunks for the full.

As other have stated, some more visuals would spice it up.

Just throwing out some ideas:
    - some of the harder levels can have mazes with curves instead of hard turns.
    - there can be some switches that you have to run over in order to move a corridor or open paths.
    - some objects that can attract or repel the ball
    - pendulum or something of the sort that you need to avoid

By no means am I criticizing the game. Its a great game even after playing two levels. Just throwing out some ideas. This is something that can can probably make some money off of. As another poster said, $2.95 would be a great price that would make you some money and make it cheap enough to keep the buyer content.

Again, great work!
    01-23-09 02:04 PM
    Love it man. Been watching it grow since the beginning. I did notice that if I tried to open it in landscape it would glitch off a part on the buttons side of the screen.

Besides that looks great

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 02:33 PM
    I have been waiting for a game like this to come out. My suggestions:

-I think it looks good, but I agree that the graphics could use some spicing up.
    -I like the idea the one guy had of obstacles like a pendulum you have to time your moves through
    -I think it would be cool if there were multiple paths to follow, perhaps a really difficult short cut and a longer more winding but easier “normal path” to follow.
    01-23-09 03:02 PM
110 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD