Hey guys,

I'm trying to update via OTA to 713 since my data cable is an hour away, but when I click on "Wireless Update"/check for updates (I'm currently running 5.0.0.517) it tells me there are "No Updates Available"?

I've been trying off and on all day with multiple battery pulls with no dice.

I'm really hoping to get this update on my S2 because my radio on my phone is by far the worst I've ever experienced in all my time with Verizon (multiple dropped calls in places where my friend's Curve is rocking right along).

Anyone have any idea why I might be getting denied the update? Any help is appreciated!

Billy
    06-19-10 07:30 PM
    Not too familiar with the Storm OS - but was .517 an official release from Verizon, or a leaked version?
    06-19-10 07:36 PM
    It was actually a (I think Tank's) Hybrid after I downgraded from .607 (hated it). I wondered if that might have had an affect on not being able to upgrade OTA, but I figured their servers would recognize I was on an older firmware and prompt me to update?
    06-19-10 07:41 PM
    Since it was not an official release from them, they may not be reading the OS of the device at all. This could be the problem that you are seeing.
    06-19-10 07:42 PM
    Alright...dang it.

Is there a way to upgrade via bluetooth?
    06-19-10 07:45 PM
    Sadly there is not, you will need a data cable.

There are no electronics stores local, or Verizon stores where you can get a USB to Micro USB?

Walmart - Target - Best Buy - Radio Shack etc?
    06-19-10 07:47 PM
    Yeah, there is but it's not a big enough deal that I can't wait a couple of days until I pick up my cable. As rarely as I use it, I can't justify spending any money for another one.

Me = Cheap :P
    06-19-10 07:50 PM
    My wife is still on .320. When I check for updates it only shows .607 available as an update.

On mine I received a push notification to .713 but she didn't.

How can I upgrade her phone to .713?

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD