Okay so a while ago when 5.0.0.328 came out I went over my friends to get it off his computer so he put it on my Storm and then when I started it up Facebook app didn't work (still doesn't) and I get the following 2 messages on start up every single time:

"Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error"

"Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException"

I have BlackBerry Desktop Manager now for Mac (The reason I got it from my friend is because I had Tiger and couldnt get Desktop Manager)

Can anyone help me to get Facebook app working as well as get rid of these 2 messages on start up?
    01-23-10 12:46 PM
    If you get a java language error immediately after a battery pull reboot, your OS is hopelessly corrupted. You'll have to wipe your device, reinstall the OS, then reload your personal data from your most recent backup. You'll also have to reinstall your apps. They are not included in a Desktop Manager backup.
    01-23-10 01:19 PM
    If you get a java language error immediately after a battery pull reboot, your OS is hopelessly corrupted. You'll have to wipe your device, reinstall the OS, then reload your personal data from your most recent backup. You'll also have to reinstall your apps. They are not included in a Desktop Manager backup.
    Can I get some steps on how to go about doing that? And are you saying that if I did a backup with this corrupted OS then they're not going to be restored? Because the only backup I did was today with this corrupted OS...
    01-23-10 01:52 PM
    If you were able to complete a backup, it's most likely OK. A backup includes your personal information databases, but not the OS. Also, if you were able to complete a backup, your OS may not be hopeless. Try deleting the Facebook app first and see if that corrects the problem. Wiping and reinstalling your OS is not trivial and you don't want to do it if you don't have to.
    01-23-10 02:20 PM
    If you were able to complete a backup, it's most likely OK. A backup includes your personal information databases, but not the OS. Also, if you were able to complete a backup, your OS may not be hopeless. Try deleting the Facebook app first and see if that corrects the problem. Wiping and reinstalling your OS is not trivial and you don't want to do it if you don't have to.
    I did a backup and battery pull and still got the same error messages. I did a restore and got all my things back but still got the same errors.

As far as facebook goes I tried everything under the sun to get that to work already so it looks like I'm going to have to wipe and reinstall the OS? Idk how that would work but I'm using a Mac if that helps with anything...
    01-23-10 02:25 PM
    It's not clear if, as was posted here before, you have used your app manager to remove your FB app and then re-download it and reinstall. I'd definitely do this first before I wiped the phone.
    01-23-10 02:30 PM
    It's not clear if, as was posted here before, you have used your app manager to remove your FB app and then re-download it and reinstall. I'd definitely do this first before I wiped the phone.
    Tried that as well.
    01-23-10 02:52 PM
    I did a backup and battery pull and still got the same error messages. I did a restore and got all my things back but still got the same errors.

As far as facebook goes I tried everything under the sun to get that to work already so it looks like I'm going to have to wipe and reinstall the OS? Idk how that would work but I'm using a Mac if that helps with anything...
    As I said earlier, a backup and restore won't solve an OS issue because the OS isn't backed up. If removing Facebook didn't fix it, you are going to have to reload the OS. Unfortunately, using a Mac takes you out of my experience base. I don't want to start you down the wipe and reload path because all the tools I'm familiar with use a PC. I don't know if it's possible to load an OS using a Mac. Hopefully a Mac user will be able to help you.
    01-23-10 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD