Just got my Storm Sunday. So far so good... My first step was to go to BB and do recommended upgrade. I looked in "about" and it says I have 4.7.0.75 after the upgrade. I think there are upgrades I somehow didn't get. Can anyone tell me what I should have and how to get it?
    01-30-09 12:42 AM
    Thats it, theres nothing else official, only non-official versions.

http://forums.crackberry.com/search.php
    01-30-09 12:46 AM
    Thanks for the help. Do I want to try "unofficial" upgrades or should I wait for official ones?
    01-30-09 12:48 AM
    Just got my Storm Sunday. So far so good... My first step was to go to BB and do recommended upgrade. I looked in "about" and it says I have 4.7.0.75 after the upgrade. I think there are upgrades I somehow didn't get. Can anyone tell me what I should have and how to get it?
    You have the most recent OFFICIAL version. .90 is the current leaked version, which you can find here on CB. However, since it sounds like you're a relative newbie to all of this, my own advice to you is to hold off on changing anything until you're better versed on the phone and all of the RIM/BB nuances. None of the leaked versions are perfect and that's the reason none of them have been made official yet. As for other upgrades, if you use your DM and click on "Check for Upgrades" then you'll see anything that's new or that you may have missed, but you probably got everything.

I got my Storm on release day back in November. It came with .65 and I upgraded to .75 when that became official. I'm still running it on .75 and don't plan to change again until VZW releases it. Personally, .75 works fairly well (I almost typed "reasonably" but backspaced through it). It's not reasonable to have these problems, but, at least I now know the problems, know the workarounds and honestly, don't want to make my BB my "life" (sorry CB folks..I have learned a LOT from you but I can only take so many battery pulls/wipes/shake three times while facing due North, a day).

On the other hand, if you're adventurous, won't freak when something goes wrong and then come to whine/snivel or offer your first born for help, then by all means, install .90 and see what happens, you may like it (I know I'm sure anxious for the Full Qwerty in portrait mode option).

There's some great info and helping hands here, make good use of it/them!
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 01-30-09 at 01:00 AM.
    01-30-09 12:55 AM
    Thanks for the help. Do I want to try "unofficial" upgrades or should I wait for official ones?
    That is up to you. Make sure you know what you're getting yourself into if want to try a leaked OS. Be prepared to encounter any bugs that you may (and usually do) have to put up with. There is nothing really difficult about installing it but as Kev says, install at your own risk. There are plenty of threads to help with problems your may face. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 06:49 AM
    Thanks everyone for the great advice. I think I'll wait for the official upgrade. My last BB was a Curve and it was nearly perfect, but I am really enjoying my storm... "bugs" and all. Patience is a vurtue :-)
    01-30-09 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD