I downloaded the pre-release version 141, followed all the instructions to update, yet when I goto OPTIONS>ABOUT I still show v4.7.0.75(Platform 4.0.0.94) on my storm? How do I know if the version 141 was ever actually updated on my phone or will it even show up in the about section as being updated to v 141.

Please help, I'm new to the BB world, and OS technical data and terms.
    05-17-09 08:17 PM
    Try to type when the phone is in portrait mode and see if a full qwerty keyboard is avalible.

Did you have to go through the setup wizard again?
    05-17-09 08:23 PM
    I downloaded the pre-release version 141, followed all the instructions to update, yet when I goto OPTIONS>ABOUT I still show v4.7.0.75(Platform 4.0.0.94) on my storm? How do I know if the version 141 was ever actually updated on my phone or will it even show up in the about section as being updated to v 141.

if you are seeing that its not loaded. Go to the OS forum and read the "noob" sticky. You went astray somewhere along the way but start over by installing .141 on your computer and go from there.
    05-17-09 08:27 PM
    Your phone did not go thru with the upgrade.
    You need to redo the process. Make sure you delete the vendor xml file as that a common thing that's forgotten but a lot of times will not let you upgrade. Also make sure you follow the noob guide that is in storm OS discussion forum. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 08:29 PM

your phone did not update if it still shows .75

Not sure what step you missed though. In a nutshell, you download the .141 file > uninstall the .75 device software > install the .141 device software > open DM and connect berry. It says that upgrades are available and proceed through the prompts. ( takes 20-40 min to complete the update )

Does this sound similar to what you did?
    05-17-09 08:32 PM
    Just use .132 os its the most stable one out of them all but it does have its down sides.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD