Ok, got my 2 storms yesterday, and I'm wondering if I should have gotten something else.

I can't seem to figure out an easy way to connect my 2 storms to my own business exchange server 2003.

So I own an exchange server, have 2 users, and have had winmo phones (just switched from I760 to storms)

I don't really want to buy BES server, as for 2 users, that seems like a ton of money.

I really need some help, ideas, or insights on how to connect my 2 storms to my exchange server, so I can get my contacts/emails and so forth, tough not having all of our info on our new storms!!!

Thanks ahead of time, and I appreciate the help!!
    11-22-08 01:24 PM
    K, I've already taken back one of my storms, and I'm about ready to take back the other one.

Is there anyone who has used notifysnc or astrasync with their storm? My choices are limited at Verizon for winmo phones that use exchange, and the XV6900 while nice, isn't so nice to type on. And I'm tired of my I760 being so dang slow.

Would love some help and info if anyone has it before I am stuck for awhile with another xv6900...
    11-24-08 09:55 AM
    And for info, I have an SBS server running Exchange 2003 SP2, if that helps.
    11-24-08 10:00 AM
    If you have enabled OWA (outlook web access) in your Exchange config, you can login to that without BES. Go to set up the email account, tell the device it's a work account and somewhere in the process you'll see an option for using OWA. After that, you just need to put in the info.

Another option may be a hosted BES, google it, there are a number of providers.
    11-24-08 10:05 AM
    Yeah, have been googling the hosted ones all weekend, seems like they want you to host your full exchange server there, and then add BES as an option.

I've never been able to get my OWA working on my phones, I'm not 100% pro at Exchange, and not sure why it doesn't work. (works online, just phones won't connect to it.)
    11-24-08 10:08 AM
    Anyone else have any ideas? I'd like to try to get this figured out today so I can use my storm
    11-24-08 01:01 PM
    I have got OWA working on my storm using exactly the method above - works perfect!
    11-24-08 01:31 PM
    BES for your svr is cheap. 1st user free, $99 each to add users.
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Professional Software Express
    11-24-08 01:58 PM
    only will have 1 user now my business partner doesn't like his storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 02:02 PM
    how hard is it to install ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 02:06 PM
    On SBS is usually pretty smooth except occassional issues related to SQL. Not too bad if you have some experience.

If not and you want to learn it, then I say give it a try and battle through any issues you run in to.

If you're looking for a solution with an easier learning curve it's probably not the way to go.
    11-24-08 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD