FIRST OF ALL

I KNOW

and again

I KNOW

ok, my browser and e-mail setup is missing...

i've done the register host table!

also have wiped the phone and put 4.7 os from verizon on it.

i was on the phone for an hour with verizon and they couldn't figure it out so now what?

they are sending me a new phone but i would like to get this workin in the mean time so i can play
    10-24-09 08:39 PM
    9530 storm just got it
    10-24-09 08:42 PM
    make sure your radio is on!
    ..yeah its on
    10-24-09 08:43 PM
    any ideas?
    10-24-09 08:45 PM
    Did you try wiping the unit clean and reinstalling the OS this might help
    yep did that too.
    10-24-09 08:47 PM
    Is this a new storm or used?
    it was used, i bought it 2nd hand
    10-24-09 08:50 PM
    I hate to say it but that could be the problem unless you saw it working before you bought it.
    well thats what verizon was thinking so they are sending me a new one but the guy i bought it from was confused he said it was working great. idk
    10-24-09 08:54 PM
    hook phone up to dm.. click app loader..click add remove apps and then go to advanced and a list will populate .. select things to add there.. worked on a storm i fixed for someone
    10-24-09 09:04 PM
    You didn't mention if you were able to at least make voice calls on the Storm. The would prove that the second hand phone is in fact unlocked and working on the Alltel network. (SIM CARD ERROR at the top is a sure sign that the phone is not unlocked.)

Maybe this link in the Alltel section will help you out: http://forums.crackberry.com/f72/sto...ltel-d-118342/. User jmotl wrote a rather lengthy post on what he had to do to get his Storm working on Alltel.

Derek
    10-24-09 09:07 PM
    im verizon coverd now, and yes i've been useing voice and sms all day. i've messed with app loader as well.

and there just sending a replacement i guess
    10-24-09 09:10 PM
    well since he's on VZW and it's CDMA, he would not get a SIM error, and since vzw just bought alltel he can in fact use a VZW BB on alltel now as the billing system is coded to allow VZW berries on alltel plans/accounts without any issues..

sounds like a registration issue with BB to me, but it could be a dud phone too.
    10-24-09 10:50 PM
    Well, you got a used BB Storm and getting a new (maybe refurbished) one from Verizon. I think it worked out to your advantage if Verizon is doing a warranty replacement for you.
    10-25-09 02:49 AM
    Well, you got a used BB Storm and getting a new (maybe refurbished) one from Verizon. I think it worked out to your advantage if Verizon is doing a warranty replacement for you.
    most likly refurbished, but exactly what i was thinking. o well
    10-25-09 11:52 AM
    this exact thing happened to me.
    dial ##000000 and check to make sure everything is correct there. make sure you're movile directory number is correct and not missing any numbers. also make sure you imsi is correct and not missing any numbers.
    next step would be to look at your mobil country code to make sure that's correct, along with home SID and home NID.
    then last but not least make sure to check BlackBerry Registration Id to see if it's correct.
    i don't believe you SIP user ID would mess anything up, but it doesn't hurt to check. i say even if everything looks correct, especially with the phone numbers, delete them and enter them in again. (make sure to check an old phone or with verizon to make sure your IMSI number is correct)
    if it doesn't reboot itself, reboot it with a battery pull, then do "Register now!" with your host routing tables.
    hope it helps!!
    10-25-09 12:13 PM
    this exact thing happened to me.
    dial ##000000 and check to make sure everything is correct there. make sure you're movile directory number is correct and not missing any numbers. also make sure you imsi is correct and not missing any numbers.
    next step would be to look at your mobil country code to make sure that's correct, along with home SID and home NID.
    then last but not least make sure to check BlackBerry Registration Id to see if it's correct.
    i don't believe you SIP user ID would mess anything up, but it doesn't hurt to check. i say even if everything looks correct, especially with the phone numbers, delete them and enter them in again. (make sure to check an old phone or with verizon to make sure your IMSI number is correct)
    if it doesn't reboot itself, reboot it with a battery pull, then do "Register now!" with your host routing tables.
    hope it helps!!
    wow man thanks i had givin up.

but luckily i didn't have to do anything. i was just waiting patiently for my new phone when i happen to try for the 999th time to register during class today, actually first time i tried today but it worked. it all works out and i can get my fix in! anyway im guessin it had something to do with the alltel verizon thing and my number getting transfer d.
    10-26-09 07:49 PM
    no problem! i'm glad it ended up getting fixed!
    10-28-09 05:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD