I downloaded google mobile maps and it's not showing as an icon anywhere. When I go into options/advanced options/applications it shows the google maps version there, but in the download folder and all other folders on the desktop it's not showing up. if I download again it asks to replace it and I say yes, but it's the same problem. It's not showing anywhere.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    12-28-08 11:59 AM
    You can download it OTA onto your Storm. m.google.com/maps
    12-28-08 12:01 PM
    I downloaded google mobile maps and it's not showing as an icon anywhere. When I go into options/advanced options/applications it shows the google maps version there, but in the download folder and all other folders on the desktop it's not showing up. if I download again it asks to replace it and I say yes, but it's the same problem. It's not showing anywhere.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    look in your download folder...
    it doesn't go directly on the homescreen like it did on my other BB but in the download folder.
    HTH
    12-28-08 01:15 PM
    Moved to correct forum. Please post topics in the appropiate forum.

Check the applications folder.
    12-28-08 01:19 PM
    Check the applications folder.
    That is where mine showed up, then I went to the BB menu & moved it to the home screen.
    12-28-08 08:35 PM
    How do you move icons from inside the applications folder onto the desktop screen wit the main 8 icons?

I've tried everything, but it only moves within a few folders, not outside of them.....
    01-10-09 10:55 PM
    How do you move icons from inside the applications folder onto the desktop screen wit the main 8 icons?

I've tried everything, but it only moves within a few folders, not outside of them.....
    Highlight the icon that you want to move to the desktop, press the BB Button, select move to folder and then click on the Home folder. Now go to your home screen and highlight the icon on the home screen. Press the BB Button again, select move, now click any of the first 8 icons to move the icon to the first two rows. Now the icon will show as one of the main 8 icons.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD