for the last couple of months, i had my school's email account linked to my gmail account since my friends decided to spam my school's email account so i couldnt separate all the fake stuff from the important school stuff.

gmail was really good at separating the spam. but recently, my school has changed to microsoft outlook and none of the emails are being sent to my gmail and then sent to my blackberry. ive searched the boards and all i could find is that i would have to set up a BES account which i dont really want since i think it costs more money on top of the data plan i have and i dont have microsoft outlook as a program.

so any help would be much appreciated since i spent a good 2-3 hours trying to remedy this.
    01-30-09 02:21 PM
    If you use Outlook at home you can automatically forward your school's email to a new gmail account. Then have it pused to your BB. I've never tried it but it seems possible.
    01-30-09 02:26 PM
    i tried what you suggested and it doesnt seem to work. i could most likely not be doing right since im a n00b with outlook.
    01-31-09 02:00 PM
    Is the outlook web based outlook that your school is using? If yes then you can add it from in BIS. When you setup the email don't put a password and then choose to manually set up the acount. Follow along and you can choose the option later for web based outlook mail.
    01-31-09 05:11 PM
    just picked up sprint curve. I was able to set up yahoo emails with out issues. I can't set up my pop3 email. I get error messages when attempting to set up on the device or on sprint.blackberry.com.

The pop3 email is designed to be set up in outlook with the following info: incomming, outgoing, username, and password.

Is there a software I can use or anyway to access set up wizzards that could allow me to make this work?

I can clarify if this does not make any sense.
    02-03-09 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD