This is my first post. I have been trolling for several months waiting for the storm to come out. I should have looked into this issue sooner but I did not think it would be a problem.

Here is my problem. I can not figure out how to set up my email and wireless sycn for my calander. I am using Lotus Notes but my employer does not have a black berry enterprise server.

My last phone, HTC 6800, I set up intell sync on my desktop and it ran 24/7 and would push my email and sync my contacts, to do list and calander. This went through verizons server.

I have been searching high and low and can not figure out an option yet. My emplyer did set up a tab on my lotus mail settings that I can put in a email address to push my incoming mail to a new email address. This would work, but I would have to physically check my email. I need an alert when I get my email. I would also really like for my calander to sycn, wirelessly as well.

Verizons wirlesss sync program doesnt suppor the blackberry, and I have not found a wireless sync program from blackberry.....

Any and all input would be greatly apprecated.

Mods, if this belongs in a different forum, I do appoligse...

Thanks in advance

Doug
    11-21-08 05:54 PM
    I should add my employer doesnt have a BES... thanks Doug
    11-21-08 06:14 PM
    Doug, I'm told that the only way you can sync wirelessly with the Storm is if you have an Enterprise Server and the $45 a month data plan. This is a major factor for me as well. I used the Wireless Sync with Outlook and I loved the fact that when I deleted an e-mail from my Treo 700wx, it would delete the file from my desktop. My contacts were always up to date in real time etc.

I hope someone can suggest a Third Party solution to this that is not too costly OR Verizon/RIM should consider adding this as a feature. Evidently not too many people are effected by this given the number of posts. I've scoured the internet for information and can't come up with anything reasonable ...yet!
    11-23-08 12:23 PM
    Have a look at Blackberry Unite! And see if that'll do what you want. While you're at it, you can tell me if it's compatible with the Storm.

-SR-

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD