Background Information:
    Verizon Blackberry Storm 9530
    T Mobile
    OS .75

Description:
    I have gotten pretty much everything to work except for Google Maps and BB Maps. I have checked several threads and pretty much all of them either state to unhide the icon (which didn't work for me) or to enable GPS in the options (still doesn't work for me). The BB Maps icon is no where to be found and in the

OPTIONS > ADVANCED OPTIONS > GPS
    section I have
    GPS Data Source set to Device GPS
    GPS Services set to Location On
    Location Aiding set to Enabled

but here is the interesting part; in the
    OPTIONS > ADVANCED OPTIONS > MAPS
    section I have
    Default Service set to None
    and I cannot change it.

I have been reading as much as I can about this service and it seems to be related to a service books issue. If this is the case, is there something I can download and install that will give me the service books for BB Maps on Tmobile, or is there something else I must do? I would really appreciate any help. Thanks ahead of time.
    04-25-09 11:19 PM
    Are you sure you have BB Maps installed on your phone? That's the only thing I can think of.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 11:30 PM
    yup i checked the applications page and I have version 4.7.0
    Modules
    net_rim_bb_gas
    net_rim_bb_lbs
    net_rim_bb_lbs_api
    net_rim_bb_lbs_resource_en
    04-25-09 11:36 PM
    Interesting because I've got exactly the same problem and also no icon visable anywhere on my 9500 so needless to say I'll be looking forward to someone advising what to do next i.e. approach my service provider for a Service Book or whatever.
    04-26-09 05:05 AM
    BBMaps on 4.7 is controlled by a service book. If you don't have the book, the icon won't show up.
    Check the threads about getting the Storm to work on T-Mobile. It used to have a section on what to do about service books.

Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 04-26-09 at 08:18 AM.
    04-26-09 08:15 AM
    I am having the exact same problem!! I have a 9530 on AT&T, and since I have gotten it I have wiped it a couple of times and tried a few different software versions (for a variety of reasons) and none of them have shown me the Maps icon. I have made sure to install Maps every time, AND I am using the AT&T service books from the forums.

Anyone know what to do here?
    04-26-09 09:58 AM
    Solution... Point your blackberry browser to Google Maps and install it. Then make sure your GPS is set to GPS Services: Location On, and let it roll. Google Maps has worked with the internal GPS for a while now, and there is no longer any reason to be using BBMaps. Google maps is much faster, searches locally and will actually have the address that you are trying to set as a destination. Seriously, Out of the 12 or so times I tried to use BBMaps to get directions to a specific address, it could not find it at all. Lastly, Google Maps has Street-view on the blackberry client, so you can navigate it with a flick of your finger!
    04-26-09 10:32 AM
    1. I have the service books for tmobile and I don't see one that spefically works with bb maps
    2. I have google maps installed but it tells me the gps is not available

04-26-09 11:53 AM
    Ok I think my gps coverage was bad because now gmaps is working. Bb maps is still not present but I can live with just gmaps working

04-26-09 12:13 PM
    Ok I think my gps coverage was bad because now gmaps is working. Bb maps is still not present but I can live with just gmaps working

With the storm's GPS, you need to be outside to use it. It generally doesn't work when you are in a building.
    04-26-09 04:22 PM
    Many thanks for your valued help I followed your suggestion, downloaded Google Maps, installed without any difficulties whatsoever and in seconds the program pinpointed my position in Saudi Arabia.

04-27-09 01:41 AM
    So where is it? Bb maps on storm? Can not find them on my storm and it is instaled.

05-07-09 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD