I think i have one of the settings not right cause i got all the colors to work will only blink 1 color--example i did a test made a call from my house and hung up so blinked blue for a missed call then i sent a email--heres where the problem is--it started to flash red for email but then it stopped flashing blue for missed call?Shouldnt it flash the colors of the calls or messages you got in a row like shouldnt after that my phone should blink blue then red until i check my phone?
    01-25-09 04:55 PM
    red is call and message.. flashing blue is bluetooth...

You can't set the colors of the alerts...
    01-25-09 04:56 PM
    No that is for the preloaded program in the phone with the bb alerts application you can make each phone call or message or text a different color
    01-25-09 04:58 PM
    No that is for the preloaded program in the phone with the bb alerts application you can make each phone call or message or text a different color
    BB Alerts doesn't work with the Storm.
    As you just found out...
    01-25-09 04:59 PM
    I have read from numerous people on these forums they have gotten bb alerts to work on the storm
    01-25-09 05:01 PM
    See...

Sorry to be the one to break the bad news..
    01-25-09 05:03 PM
    I have read from numerous people on these forums they have gotten bb alerts to work on the storm
    Well Dunno what to tell you but... Hope you didn't buy it...
    The LED part doesn't work with it... I read some of the other alert parts do...
    01-25-09 05:04 PM
    no i didnt buy it when i downloaded it from here it said i was on a 12 day trial
    01-25-09 05:10 PM
    no i didnt buy it when i downloaded it from here it said i was on a 12 day trial
    I d/l it.. seen that the LED didnt' work with it... in fact it killed my LED till I did a battery pull after I uninstalled BB Alerts...
    01-25-09 05:12 PM
    It works just fine You definitely need to exit out of the app, then probably enable and disable compatibility mode (it will show as not enabled but it's clearly running with compatibility) - and then relauch it.

BB Alerts overrides the standard default red LED that blinks for alerts. I do not have Bluetooth enabled so there's never a blue LED to override and I also do not use the coverage indicator so no green LED to override either.

Red for missed calls, Green for email, Blue for SMS/MMS, White for PIN and it does work with calendar reminders too but I've disabled it. It reminds on events that are set in the calendar to have no reminders. I don't really need calendar reminders anyway. It will also do voicemail but I got too many false positives on that.

Any alerts not covered by BB Alerts (Facebook, MySpace, any IM app) will simply use the default red LED that stops after 15 minutes or so.

I don't have the screen cap app installed, so here are the configured options I use:

Audio Type: Silent
    Alert Repeat: 1 minute
    Color Scheme: User Assigned
    Idle Alert: Disabled

Checked options:
    Notify on Missed Call
    Notify on MIssed SMS
    Notify on Missed Email
    Notify on MIssed PIN
    Popup on Notification
    Enable Alert Logging
    Ignore SMS Intended for Applications

My colors:
    Missed Calls: Red
    Missed SMS: Blue
    Missed Emails: Green
    Missed PIN: White
    Reminder Event: Custom (Though I've just disabled this, it does work)
    LED Flash on: 0.1
    LED Flash off: 5
    LED Pause Time: 0.65
    LED Color Mode: Color Cycle

I do not use the schedule settings. LED alert is always enabled.
    01-25-09 05:39 PM
    I too use bbalerts on my storm....works for me
    01-25-09 05:52 PM
    Ok arizona i did evrything you said and did my setting exactly like yours and this is what hapens tell me if this is right so missed calls and voice mail are both red so i called my cell and left a voice mail so it blinked red then i sent a email then it blinked purple and stopped blinking red? Shouldnt it be blinking both red and purple?
    01-25-09 06:41 PM
    Ok arizona i did evrything you said and did my setting exactly like yours and this is what hapens tell me if this is right so missed calls and voice mail are both red so i called my cell and left a voice mail so it blinked red then i sent a email then it blinked purple and stopped blinking red? Shouldnt it be blinking both red and purple?
    You do have the "LED Color Mode" (in the "Assign Colors" menu) set to Color Cycle and not Priority, correct? And you're using a user-assigned color scheme, not one of the default options in the drop-down? I've never tried those, always used a user-assigned scheme.

If so, I'm not sure what the problem is for you. You might try disabling the coverage indicator and Bluetooth if you have either enabled and see if those are in some way causing any conflict.

I don't get many phone calls (I place far more than I receive) but if I miss an email and and SMS overnight, I wake up to find green and blue LED's blinking in succession every 5 seconds as configured, so it definitely can work.
    Last edited by ArizonaGuy; 01-25-09 at 06:57 PM.
    01-25-09 06:54 PM
    BBAlerts kind of works for me, however the sound settings arent even showing up now, so I cant control the tone for each reminder like I used to. This app isnt really supported for the Storm but it almost works.

However, since the phone can flash different colors you would think that this would be part of the OS, so we didnt need a 3rd party app in the 1st place.

I hope somebody creates an app that works better on the Storm, or if BBAlerts releases a version for the Storm.
    01-25-09 07:01 PM
    yes i have it set to color cycle and im not using blue and green so it shouldnt conflict?So i just called my phone so its flashing red and i sent a email so it should flash red and purple i got for email but its like it set to prioity cause then it will only flash purple and stop red?It has to have comp set to disabled right?
    01-25-09 07:05 PM
    I think I'll wait till a more user friendly release comes out for the Storm... Not worth the hassle.
    01-25-09 07:15 PM
    yes i have it set to color cycle and im not using blue and green so it shouldnt conflict?So i just called my phone so its flashing red and i sent a email so it should flash red and purple i got for email but its like it set to prioity cause then it will only flash purple and stop red?It has to have comp set to disabled right?
    I have compatibility set to disabled. When you go to BB Alerts, is it running in compatibility mode or not? Does it flip to landscape mode if you rotate your Storm?

From the "Assign Colors" settings. Hit the BB key and try the Test LED Setup option. It should blink through Red, Blue, Green and Purple with your time settings if it really is in Color Cycle mode. It will only blink Red if it's in priority.

Also, if your "LED Pause Time" is set to none, you might not be seeing both colors if your Flash on time is really short like mine (0.1 seconds). With no pause, they flash so rapidly it can be hard to see. 0.65 or 0.75 seconds works fine.
    Last edited by ArizonaGuy; 01-25-09 at 07:27 PM.
    01-25-09 07:24 PM
    ok i did the color test and it showed the colors so that works--i called the phone --blinked red for missed call--then did a email --blinked blue and stopped blinking red but when i called the phone again then it would blink red and blue? but i have the coverage indicator on but its set to purple and i have the option set to led indicator and when i just got a voice mail it stopped blinking blue and red and started blinking purplr for the led indicator?
    01-25-09 07:35 PM
    ok i did the color test and it showed the colors so that works--i called the phone --blinked red for missed call--then did a email --blinked blue and stopped blinking red but when i called the phone again then it would blink red and blue? but i have the coverage indicator on but its set to purple and i have the option set to led indicator and when i just got a voice mail it stopped blinking blue and red and started blinking purplr for the led indicator?
    LOL...
    And this is why I'll wait till is a official release...
    01-26-09 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD