I am an admitted amateur to the blackberry world.. If this topic has been covered already someone please just point me in the right direction. I tried the search function and couldnt find anything on point.

Ok so here it is, I have a BB storm.. I see on here that some people never shut their phone off. I see that im shutting my phone off every day or two with a battery pull.. The reason is and I cant figure it out yet but sometimes my screen in portrait view gets the keyboard instead of my usual homescreen.. i try to hide keyboard, it does nothing.. Ill turn my phone to landscape and ill get the menu, then turn back to portrait and the keyboard is right there.. i can click above the keyboard to get my homescreen but its annoying.

Thanks for the help..
    02-03-09 03:34 PM
    Have you got this figured out yet? My Storm just started doing the same thing and I can't figure it out either.
    02-12-09 04:25 PM
    Does it just happen out of the blue? Like on the main home view? And what OS are you using?
    02-12-09 04:49 PM
    I've had this happen before... this is a glitch that should be fixed permanently but if you want you can try this..

When the keyboard comes up just swipe your finger from the top of the keyboard to the bottom of it in a sort of quick fashion. This should hide it. It may take some practice.

Hope that helps.
    02-12-09 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD