okay so i got my storm the day it came out and waited in line and skipped school and what not. so ive been on the website before and finally decided to make an account. I just actually downloaded the AppleBerry theme which is pretty good so far. I was just wondering if i should download the leaked .103 or whatever and if i do what that does to the warranty. Im only 16 and if my storm broke I would be pretty pissed if insurance doesnt cover it. Help me out here crackberry feins.
    02-18-09 09:30 PM
    Maybe a search?
    02-18-09 09:37 PM
    Everyone says different things though. Just wanna know before i download it
    02-18-09 09:41 PM
    Typically, a warranty covers original, approved or certified hardware or software. Any part that is modified with unapproved hardware/software will void the warranty for a problem with that particular ware.

So, if you eventually have a problem with the software, your warranty will be void, but if you end up with a hardware problem, your warranty is still valid.
    Last edited by wentouch; 02-18-09 at 10:49 PM.
    02-18-09 10:06 PM
    so wentouch, do you think i should download the .103 or just stick to the .75?
    02-18-09 10:12 PM
    Up to you.

I doubt that there will be any problems arising with an upgrade to v.103 that can't be corrected by simply downgrading again. At least, I haven't heard of any. Nor have I heard of any denials of warranty claims due to upgrading to an unofficial OS.
    02-18-09 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD