I have 5 email accounts running on the Storm, 3 work related and (2 personal both Comcast). My main personal account is not sending emails from my desktop to the device. I spent over 4 hours yesterday with both Verizon and Blackberry support and neither could make the problem go away. Verizon finally told me to call Comcast, as it was their problem, even though the other Comcast email account works just fine. Not surprisingly Comcast told me this is a Blackberry / Verizon problem. Anyway I am looking for help to solve this problem. Has anyone experienced this here? How did you solve it?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Capial; 12-15-08 at 06:10 PM.
    12-15-08 06:03 PM
    Have you logged into BIS to make sure there is no red circle next to one of the accounts?
    12-15-08 06:19 PM
    Yes, In fact I deleted and installed again. No luck. I am new to BB. I have a Back up from last week. It is possible to load that back up? The email accounts were working at that point.

Thanks,
    12-15-08 08:01 PM
    Did you resend your service books while you were at it?
    12-15-08 08:03 PM
    Don�t think I was asked to do that. Can you provide me with some guidance?

Thanks,
    12-15-08 08:05 PM
    If you are on BIS, you can log in via PC and manage your BlackBerry e-mail accounts. Tell ya what, go to your e-mail settings icon, open it and log in. Find service books and resend them. See if that works, if not i have another option...
    12-15-08 08:10 PM
    trying now! thanks!
    12-15-08 08:15 PM
    sorry, had to step out. I am logged in.
    12-15-08 08:24 PM
    Did you find your service books and resend them?
    12-15-08 08:26 PM
    Yes, so far nothing!
    12-15-08 08:30 PM
    Did you receive the activation server messages?
    12-15-08 08:32 PM
    Got emails from all accounts letting me know that the accounts were successfully set up.
    12-15-08 08:32 PM
    here is some info if you need it..

From Device:

Options>Advanced options> Host Routing Table> BB Key (menu key)> Register now

Then go to
    setup>email settings> Log in (if you remember your user name and password) Once logged in hit BB Key (menu key) and Service Books.

Or

Go to this site for verizon
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

or your carrier's bis site.

login or create a account and resend service books. Make sure you check to see if your emails accounts are activated.

If you can't login or can't make a account call the carrier they can help you get the account setup.

I also attached a word doc inside a zip because it doesnt allow that big of a word file to be uploaded. which includes pictures of the BIS site that may help out..
    12-15-08 08:34 PM
    Got emails from all accounts letting me know that the accounts were successfully set up.

if a email came to all accounts.. then its a comcast issue..

because those emails I believe are sent to the account itself..

on another note are you using imap or pop
    12-15-08 08:36 PM
    Either that or the accounts are not set up correctly to push e-mails to the device...
    12-15-08 08:38 PM
    Thanks to you both. I am using POP. I just did a test email and nothing. Problem still persists.
    12-15-08 08:39 PM
    Use the link posted before and log in to Verizon's BIS website, you can set up and edit all of the e-mail accounts being pushed to your device...
    12-15-08 08:43 PM
    Will try the VZW link. I was able to resend books both ways, still no emails. I will call Comcast next and hope for some one that knows a little more than the previous Tech.
    12-15-08 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD