I'm looking for a better sync tool for syncing Music, videos, etc... The Blackberry/Roxio keeps crashing. What is the best sync tool out there for the Storm?

thanks
    03-11-09 07:26 AM
    Anyone??????????

Thanks
    03-14-09 06:50 AM
    Mass storage mode and just put the data directly on the memory card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 06:57 AM
    I agree with gstang462002, Mass storage mode is the best.

To turn it on:
    BB Button>Options>Memory
    Then turn mass storage mode on.

This will allow your phone to "Autoplay" like a memory stick when you connect it to a computer.

Is almost instant depending on the size of the file.
    03-14-09 07:04 AM
    I have that enabled and when I hook into the computer I see a blackberry folder but not the folders that have the ringtones, etc. in them. to see those folders I have to start the manage media option then go back to my computer to see the Blackberry1 and 2 folders.
    What gives?
    03-14-09 07:13 AM
    yea Mass Storage Pwns, but if you must use something to sync, my friend has always used windows media player to sync, and its never been a problem
    03-14-09 07:14 AM
    I have that enabled and when I hook into the computer I see a blackberry folder but not the folders that have the ringtones, etc. in them. to see those folders I have to start the manage media option then go back to my computer to see the Blackberry1 and 2 folders.
    What gives?
    well thats because the blackberry has 2 storage devices..if u look 1 of them(right click-properties) one of them should be the onboard 1gb and the other should be your 8gb card
    03-14-09 07:16 AM
    that part I understand, was just wondering if I'm missing something and thats what is forcing me to have to open media manager (and leave it open) before I can see the other two folders. I have MMS enabled everywhere I can see to enable it.
    03-14-09 07:30 AM
    try going to memory and set mass storage mode always on to yes

that should make a prompt box open asking if you want to view files, then you could try and drag and drop that way
    03-14-09 07:47 AM
    ah crap I'm an *****. I see an option I overlooked before.
    While Mass Storage mode support is set to Yes
    I didn't have Auto Enable Mass Storage mode When Connected set to yes.
    Left my cable at work, but will report if this takes care of the issues as soon as I can.
    Thanks for the help!!
    03-14-09 07:52 AM
    I use media monkey, but it's a bit of a kludge to get it into the right folder and the playlist files (unless you edit them manually) won't work. (By playlist file I mean the .m3u files, not the sings themselves.)

My solution: MM makes auto playlists for my podcasts, transfers the mp3's for them, then I have another auto playlist set up on the storm for those same playlists. Since it's all done automagically (after the set up) I just dl my podcasts, plug in the storm, run mm, then sync.
    03-14-09 08:38 AM
    ^^^^^ Thats works very well
    03-17-09 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD