Quick story, I was running along fine with the .99 firmware with great two day battery life, .103 comes out and I decide to skip it. .109 comes out and I give it a try. I can barely go 8 hours before the battery is completely toast. This is the first time this has ever happened since I bought the phone. I decided to downgrade to .103, same issue, so then I downgrade to .99 and the once stable firmware for me is also experiencing really bad battery utilization, toast. I am looking for suggestions on what I could have done wrong, or what I am missing.
    02-28-09 10:03 AM
    When you upgraded to .109 did you do a full charge and let the battery run down until it hit red? I've found that seems to help the OS calibrate the charge it thinks it has to what's actually in the battery. It's not good to deep discharge the battery all the time, but once and a while won't hurt it.
    02-28-09 11:31 AM
    I have unintentionally let it completely dischrage, and I always fully charge it if I can.
    02-28-09 11:57 AM
    Go read about battery issues over on the OS sub forum. I just posted about Weatherbug needing to be setup again after going to .109 and there is others posting things they did to improve battery life. In my case, I needed to turn off Weatherbug's My Location setting. I usually go through all my apps after an upgrade to add serial numbers, etc.... and hadn't done that for the first few days. Doing great now.
    02-28-09 12:16 PM
    I will check it out, thank you!
    02-28-09 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD