Hey Everyone,

I need some advice on what I should do about my storm.....my 3rd storm that is! I have been having almost the same problems with all 3 of them and I don't know what to do anymore. Here is the BIG problem I keep having. I would have to say at least 2-3 times per day my phone will randomly shut off or reboot, or if I receive a text, email, phone call, ect. the phone will notify me and then it just shuts off and it is really starting to irritate me. I have done the whole battery pull thing numerous times so I know thats not the problem. I am really tired of calling Verizon and telling them over and over about the same things and I keep getting the run around. Last time I called them they finally decided to send me another phone and I said to the gentleman that it better not be a referbished phone that was someone else's problem and he told me that it will be one of those and it will be in as good of condition as a new one would be...well I guess not because I keep having problems. So if anyone has any suggestions or knows what the **** is wrong with my phone I would greatly appriciate any feed back.
    Last edited by gbjess; 02-11-09 at 07:39 PM. Reason: change thread
    02-10-09 10:56 PM
    Have you tried:
    Pulling the sim card.
    Updating to .99
    Set the phone to 1xev only.

Other than those, I'm not sure what to try. I can tell you that I am not having any such problems on mine and I have done all the above.

Maybe one of the gurus will see this and offer some more better ideas.
    02-10-09 11:09 PM
    Thanks for your help....I will think about trying that! But before I try doing that I was hoping to get some other input from people also...I'm a little scared to try to update it with out the offical release from Verizion. I am a new BB user and really have no clue how to use a phone like this!

So if anyone else out there can help me...........before I get completely pissed and throw the thing across the room I would greatly appreciate it!!!
    02-13-09 09:33 PM
    I agree with what the previous user said. The problem with the random reboots can be caused by the sim, the OS or a number of other things. The first thing I would try is setting your network to 1xEV if you are not using the phone on a GSM network or overseas. I would also try removing the sim card and seeing if the problem persists. When you remove the sim card, your phone will default to 1xEV also. I would also try using another OS such as .99 or .103 since the random reboot doesn't appear as much for some users. Don't be afraid to update your phone, you can always restore it back to the previous OS if you want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 11:22 PM
    Thanks for your input. I just exchanged my storm today at the store for a new one.....this will be my last attempt with the storm if this one gives me the same problems I will trade it in for a different black berry.
    02-15-09 06:24 PM
    It might be helpful if you gave us a list of what apps you are using too.

And if you have been using DM to update it.. I would suggest uninstalling and re-installing DM. Stranger things have happened than for legacy software to be causing identical problems on multiple platforms..
    02-15-09 07:24 PM
    You should also take a look at what third party apps you are running.
    02-15-09 09:58 PM
    The only things I have on my phone are:

3-email accounts (1-personal, 1-work, 1-verizon email )
    facebook

I still have .75 for OS

I have not installed anything else do to all the issues I have been having. I figured why waste my time when it might be for nothing or it could give me more promblems.
    02-15-09 10:25 PM
    I know that I'm running the .103 Os and trust me...its like a whole new device. I can understand your frustration but I used to get random resets but not anymore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 10:32 PM
    I guess you could try .103 then. Overall the opinion is very positive. You can always downgrade.. and you don't need to wipe it each time.. in fact, I recommend NOT wiping it.
    02-15-09 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD