I searched and didn't find this to be a problem with others. But I wanted to put the warning out. I am on WinXP. I installed the full DM 4.7 and then realized that I didn't need Roxio. I uninstalled DM and then re-installed DM 4.7 without media manager. Everything was fine for a while. About a week.

Then upon a system boot, Roxio Media Manager went into install mode. It asked for yes or no to reboot. Neither option stopped the install. I could not kill the msiexec process in Task Manager, as it would restart in 2-3 seconds. You can't uninstall ANYTHING because WinXP allows only one instance of the installer to run at a time, and Roxio had possession of the installer. Additionally, you can't unistall Roxio because there is no hook in Add/Remove programs. Nor can you use uninstall in Safe Mode. I was literally stuck in a loop with my system held captive by Roxio.

First effort was:

1) do a selective boot via msconfig and shut down all startup items. It stopped the Roxio install. I uninstalled DM. HOWEVER, Roxio was still there.
    2) Deleted all Roxio files in Program Files and Program Files\Common Files

Made the startup items in msconfig active again and the Roxio install process was still there at boot which meant the .msi was still lurking around somewhere.

Final bullet was provided by RIM tech support (level 2):

1) Hand edit the registry for any Roxio executable statements (100s of them!!)
    2) Run several passes of a Reg Cleaner
    3) After reg clean, I still had to hand edit to remove 20 or so Roxio elements not caught by the cleaner.

After 3-4 hours or work, I seem to be back in business
    01-26-09 01:17 PM
    Sounds like a nightmare...
    01-26-09 01:43 PM
    DM 4.6 w/o media works much better than DM 4.7

No issues at all...
    01-26-09 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD