I purchased my Storm a couple months ago and I still am learning how to use it. I do have a question that someone out there may be able to answer for me. When I first got the Storm, I would go to NBC's mobile site and be able to watch a lot of the shows. Recently when I have attempted to watch shows or videos from NBC, I get the following: "HTTP Error 403: Forbidden. You are not authorized to view this page. Please try loading a different page." When I press "details", it says "You don't have permission to access...on this server" What is going on? I loved being able to watch the shows on my blackberry. Does anyone know what happened?
    05-20-09 06:53 AM
    I'll get that if I browse to a site that's blocked by my company's internal proxy filter. That and my BB Browser is set to Blackberry, rather than Internet.

Go to Options, and change the browser to Internet, and see if that helps. Presuming, of course that you're connected to a BES.

When set to Blackberry, the browser it going through your Work's Internet connnection by way of the MDS service. If set to Internet, you'll browse the Inet by way of your phone's cell provider.
    05-20-09 07:00 AM
    I am getting the same error when trying to view shows on the nbc mobile site. I'm a BIS user, so no BES policies to weigh me down :P

No idea why though though.
    05-20-09 08:38 AM
    This has been going on for some time now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 10:59 AM
    there is something in the .148 change log about allowing to view media that has a URL over a certain length...has anyone tried it after installing .148?

it might have been an OS issue, not being able to decipher the URL due to length isn't that uncommon with mobile media...the enV had an issue based on file name length.
    05-20-09 01:45 PM
    Thanks for the info. I just tried it and I'm still getting the same message.
    05-20-09 02:12 PM
    As for any installing of a new OS, i'm clueless. I just don't understand why I was able to watch these videos and now I'm not.
    05-20-09 02:13 PM
    Has anyone on 75 tried? NBC used to work fine for me, and on leaked version, but I have not tried it in a while. Now trying it after reading this thread I get the same thing server forbidden.
    05-20-09 02:16 PM
    my original theory is that NBC changed the file type or directory, and is causing an error message...the 403 forbidden message is a strange response though. i've talked with VZW people beyond my friend, and if they did anything to "toggle" speeds it would be the whole site, not the media aspect. and they wouldn't "toggle" it, they'd wait for you to go to some ungodly high data usage and then bill you for it or something. they don't "toggle" certain websites...
    Last edited by patches152; 05-20-09 at 02:41 PM.
    05-20-09 02:29 PM
    so just for reference i found this on wikipedia...

The 403 Forbidden HTTP status code indicates that the client was able to communicate with the server, but the server won't let the client access what was requested. Google App Engine has also re-purposed this error code as �403 Over Quota�, used when an application has exceeded one or more Google-specified resource quotas.
    This response is returned by the Apache web server when directory listings have been turned off. Microsoft IIS responds in the same way when directory listings are denied.
    403 Substatus Error Codes for IIS
    • 403.1 - Execute access forbidden.
    • 403.2 - Read access forbidden.
    • 403.3 - Write access forbidden.
    • 403.4 - SSL required.
    • 403.5 - SSL 128 required.
    • 403.6 - IP address rejected.
    • 403.7 - Client certificate required.
    • 403.8 - Site access denied.
    • 403.9 - Too many users.
    • 403.10 - Invalid configuration.
    • 403.11 - Password change.
    • 403.12 - Mapper denied access.
    • 403.13 - Client certificate revoked.
    • 403.14 - Directory listing denied.
    • 403.15 - Client Access Licenses exceeded.
    • 403.16 - Client certificate is untrusted or invalid.
    • 403.17 - Client certificate has expired or is not yet valid.
    • 403.18 - Cannot execute requested URL in the current application pool. This error code is specific to IIS 6.0.
    • 403.19 - Cannot execute CGIs for the client in this application pool. This error code is specific to IIS 6.0.
    • 403.20 - Passport logon failed. This error code is specific to IIS 6.0.
    05-20-09 02:42 PM
    the part about "over-quota" makes sense...the media could not be compressed enough and is being blocked by RIM or VZW servers as too resource intensive, similar to a "503" error when trying to load a full web page that is too large or something?
    05-20-09 02:44 PM
    Has anyone on 75 tried? NBC used to work fine for me, and on leaked version, but I have not tried it in a while. Now trying it after reading this thread I get the same thing server forbidden.
    I'm still on .75, PK, and it does not work for me, either. Patches has done well in his research ^^^^^^^.
    05-20-09 04:28 PM
    i done good
    05-20-09 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD