OK, something I haven't been able to figure out how to do yet...

I'm composing an e-mail (or SMS or whatever) and I'm on the 3rd line of text when I realize that there's a typo on the first line.

I can't seem to easily get up there to fix it.

I can click up on the line but, 29 times out of 30, I don't get EXACTLY where I want to be....example.

"cruckberry" - spelled wrong.

I click on the text and get the cursor but, it's in the wrong place...
    (The "|" is the cursor.)

I get...
    "c|ruckberry" or
    "cruck|berry"

Obviously, I want the cursor between the "u" and the "c" so I can backspace and type an "a".

But, if I don't hit it exactly where I want it, how do I move the cursor around? I just want a set of Left-Arrow/Right-Arrow keys.

Am I missing something?
    11-21-08 01:44 PM
    yea I have been having the same problems......i am gonna look in the user manual when I get a chance so I'll let you know as soon as I fig it out
    11-21-08 01:48 PM
    I do not have one in front of me . . . arghhh . . . but i remember something about holding your finger down and the cursor changing color and being able to drag it from there???? Again, not lucky enough to have one in fron tof me to try . .
    11-21-08 01:52 PM
    Place your finger on the screen and hold it there (don't click). After a second the blue box curser will turn into a black outlined box. Then you can just slide your finger to where you want the cursor to be. I just found out you can place your finger almost anywhere on the screen and this will work!
    11-21-08 02:04 PM
    to change a letter in a word after you finish typing the word, click the word (and kinda hold until the word changes to red). Then backspace and correct the word. This has worked for me but sometimes I grab the wrong word. Hope it helps and if anyone has anything to *** don't hesitate
    11-21-08 02:13 PM
    Place your finger on the screen and hold it there (don't click). After a second the blue box curser will turn into a black outlined box. Then you can just slide your finger to where you want the cursor to be. I just found out you can place your finger almost anywhere on the screen and this will work!
    There it is . . thanks!
    11-21-08 02:15 PM
    That's the trick! Very nice! Thanks!

Knew there had to be a simple way to do it.
    11-21-08 02:33 PM
    No problem. I think it's really cool how you can place your finger anywhere on the screen; that way you don't have to put it right on the cursor and can see exactly where it's is going!
    11-21-08 02:57 PM
    I was trying to figure out how to achieve this. Thanks for the tip!
    11-21-08 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD