Okay, well I got my Storm a week ago and I am running .75. Im pretty sure I cant update to unofficial BETAs as I am on a Mac. Im really not interested as well. Just wondering when VZW will release an official OS update and what will it be. I see most people have .103 and .106.
    02-20-09 07:24 PM
    There are many rumors going around right now. Some of them are saying today, some say by the end of the month and some say the end of next month. But in all actuality, we can never be sure when or if they will release a new OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 10:34 PM
    There are many rumors going around right now. Some of them are saying today, some say by the end of the month and some say the end of next month. But in all actuality, we can never be sure when or if they will release a new OS.

How safe/easy it is to "upgrade" to a leaked OS?
    02-20-09 11:23 PM
    How safe/easy it is to "upgrade" to a leaked OS?
    very easy actually and just make sure you back up your BB before you do that way incase anything goes bad you have your stuff still
    02-20-09 11:26 PM
    Very, just read the How To thread in this very forum. In fact, it's the TOP sticky thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...eta-os-122851/
    02-20-09 11:29 PM
    very easy actually and just make sure you back up your BB before you do that way incase anything goes bad you have your stuff still
    Thats the problem. I have a Mac, and I dont run Windows so I cant back it up...
    02-20-09 11:34 PM
    PocketMac doesn't do that ?
    02-20-09 11:38 PM
    I feel for you with having a Mac when it comes to updates. One of my friends also has the storm like me and every time a leak comes out, he has to use my laptop just to do the update.

02-20-09 11:41 PM
    PocketMac doesn't do that ?
    I dont even wanna deal with that garbage.

I finally get it to work and after 1+ hours of syncing music it freezes, luckily all my music synced before it stopped responding.

I guess I will wait for the official update.

Does anyone know what version it will be (ex: .103 and .106...)
    02-20-09 11:44 PM
    I feel for you with having a Mac when it comes to updates. One of my friends also has the storm like me and every time a leak comes out, he has to use my laptop just to do the update.

Hey there ArmaK

Oh hey do you know if there is a myspace app for the storm ? i know this is off the subject but yea
    02-20-09 11:44 PM

I finally get it to work and after 1+ hours of syncing music it freezes, luckily all my music synced before it stopped responding.

I'm not sure ArmaK might be able to answer that one better :-)

i knwo when i called verizon today and i asked if there was any upcoming OS release and they said NOPE i was like ugh
    02-20-09 11:46 PM

I'm not sure ArmaK might be able to answer that one better :-)

i knwo when i called verizon today and i asked if there was any upcoming OS release and they said NOPE i was like ugh
    The rumor going around is that it will be .106 but nobody is sure yet. It is just a waiting game for now.

02-20-09 11:49 PM
    The rumor going around is that it will be .106 but nobody is sure yet. It is just a waiting game for now.

haha i remember doing the waiting game for the 8330 OS upgrade
    02-20-09 11:51 PM
    Hey there ArmaK

Oh hey do you know if there is a myspace app for the storm ? i know this is off the subject but yea
    Yes there is a myspace app for the storm and a new one is supposed to come out by the end of the year. Go to the following link from your BB browser.

MySpace for BlackBerry Smartphones

02-20-09 11:52 PM
    Yes there is a myspace app for the storm and a new one is supposed to come out by the end of the year. Go to the following link from your BB browser.

Oh thank you :-) i was lost without that app lol
    02-20-09 11:53 PM

Oh and I guess while you are here... I see you are using the WAP forums. I follow the link but there is always an error when I am on my Storm.

It says 503: Service Unavailable but my internet and browser work fine.
    02-20-09 11:54 PM
    Oh and I guess while you are here... I see you are using the WAP forums. I follow the link but there is always an error when I am on my Storm.

m.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 11:56 PM
    m.crackberry.com
    Thanks!

10char
    02-20-09 11:58 PM

Make sure that you are putting wap.crackberry.com and not www.wap.crackberry.com. If you put a www infront of an address that doesn't contain one, it will give you the 503 error. Also once you get to the site, you can download the CB launcher so that you can just click on it to go to the mobile site instead having to type it in every time.

02-21-09 12:00 AM
    I think I got it
    These online forums are nice.

02-21-09 12:06 AM
    I think I got it
    These online forums are nice.

Yes, these forums are nice especially since there is a version that is formatted to work with the storm thanks to Kevin.

02-21-09 12:16 AM
    I finally got .99 and then .103. Glad I did it. There unofficial - "official" leaks from RIM entities, You even agree to the standard legal agreements and your phone comp. registers the service - weird - but fast.
    02-21-09 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD