Hey everyone, haven't found any real concrete answer on this by using the search function so here goes:

i don't get an alert to my phone when someone sends me a message/comment/add request on myspace and i'm pretty sure i should be recieving them.
    i'm not talking about an email, because that will just kill my mailbox.
    i mean like a little myspace icon showing up on my home screen with a number or something.

things i've tried:
    running the myspace app at all times
    changing my email that i use to login on myspace to my email thats linked to the phone

i haven't tried changing my myspace email to my vzw.blackberry.net email, would that fix it?
    12-31-08 01:26 AM
    Same here.. only once in a while will it give me a notification.. Like after a message but sometimes not even after that..

Not on comments etc.. I only know I have a myspace update is because that e-mail is tied to my BB and i get an e-mail..
    12-31-08 01:52 AM
    I don't believe there is a home screen notification icon for the MySpace app. Never seen one nor read anyone else here mention one that shows up.

I had to check my MySpace notifications and set them all up again - seems they were a lot different than the last time I looked probably a year or more ago. I marked off notify by email if I get a new message. Then I had someone send me a test message - and the MySpace icon has the red asterisk and I had a blinking red LED. I'd pull my hair out figuring out why the LED was blinking if I hadn't been expecting a MySpace alert though.

Oh, and similar to how Facebook has a setting to ignore email alerts and only provide the facebook app alert, MySpace appears to do the same thing even though there's not an explicit setting to tell it to do this. Basically, I got no email alerts on my BB even though both Facebook and MySpace send me email. (And no, it's not filtered.)
    12-31-08 01:57 AM
    Have you checked your notificatios in your profile on myspace? I had my notifications turned off because I didn't want my inbox cluttered with a whole bunch of emails from myspace. I only get a red asterisk if someone sends me a new message.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 02:00 AM
    I haven't tried that but I'm going to do it right now, but I had gotten a myspace icon up by the clock before when I first downloaded the myspace application.

It just did it that one time but never again. It'd be very useful to have that come up whenever something happens on my myspace.
    12-31-08 02:07 AM
    So I now get my phone to vibrate and the LED indicator light, but again, had I not had someone send me a test message, I'd have never known to check my myspace for this.
    12-31-08 02:20 AM
    Quick update, so I sent a test message to myself and got the phone to vibrate and the red star on the myspace app. So then i left that message open and quit the myspace app. Once I quit the myspace app, the logo showed up on my home screen. Here is a picture of what I'm talking about, taken using captureit:

12-31-08 02:27 AM
    Aha. So an icon does exist. I've never had one appear despite receiving a number of test messages. I'll play around.

OT but - Makes me wonder if the developers included this in the Storm version of Instango beta. I like the status / notification icons on the top of the home screen and would completely dump the other IM's for Instango if I could get that.
    12-31-08 03:48 AM
    Well yeah, that icon appears but I don't know how yet. Also when i have an AIM conversation with a new IM, the icon will also appear, as it does with BBM.

Anyone getting this to regularly appear when they get a new alert? Sometimes I miss when my phone vibrates so those icons are very important in telling me whats going on in my phone.
    12-31-08 01:28 PM
    I'm having the same problem with getting it to notify me on my storm. I have all email alerts disabled and have mobile alerts activated. Did I forget anything? I had the app working on my Pearl but decided to try it out on my Storm.
    12-31-08 02:16 PM
    on my storm it's still showing the myspace icon w/ the number 2 next to it, i have checked all my myspace messages...HOw do I make it disappear?
    01-01-09 07:32 PM
    ya this app is very buggy to me - ive tried it on a curve and storm . .

some issues ive noticed:

nothing updates in the app .. i dont think this is pushed like the facebook app is .. example i can leave the facebook app closed and still get notifcations through the app. . even with the myspace app open, if i get a message there is no notification on my screen and in addition no message in the inbox of the app .. however if i go to the mobile site or view it on a computer, i have new mail . . interesting!

I also have noticed that somtimes the inbox in the application will not show the lastest old messages. . its like it doesnt update with the server or something . . im not really sure!
    01-01-09 11:09 PM
    This app is definitely buggy, to say the least. Notifications don't work, the app never updates... Very disappointing. Aside from sending pics directly from my device to myspace, I never use this app.

01-01-09 11:45 PM
    i cant see any of the newer messages ive received or sent on my PC when i log into it on my storm

i have reinstalled a few times and have notifications on

lame
    01-08-09 09:36 AM
    Okay, first post, but I have been a lurker for a long time... I have this same problem. Everything seems to update fine, but getting new messages.

I had the icon pop up once randomly... but only that once. I went into the app permission, and changed everything to allow, and turned off all notifications on the actual myspace on my computer. We'll see i guess. Pretty much the only way i get new messages is by deleting the app, and re-installing it, forcing it to search my messages. Blargh. I love myspace, and my Storm, but come on. I hate facebook so much and i refuse to switch.

You know once you upload stuff onto their site they own it forever? even if you delete your profile. Eff that.
    02-23-09 12:44 AM
    Yeah, I'm having similar problems as everyone is describing, I guess it's just a problem with the app that we have to hope to be fixed in the future? Lame.
    02-23-09 01:25 AM
    I even messages Tom on MySpace about it. I cant find ANYTHING regarding fixing this. Id almost rather there was nothing, then i wouldnt feel so stupid using the mobile site. Which sucks btw. lol
    02-26-09 09:37 PM
    I have had the same issues. For the first month or so myspace notifications worked fine....and then nothing. I still get the notification for a comment but nothing as far as mail is concerned.

In reguards to the myspace icon....I found it in my Applications folder after downloading myspace for BB and then moved to my home screen.

I am a myspace addict and these glitches are really irritating me. I basically use the myspace icon only for updating my status and checking the updates of others.
    02-28-09 03:19 PM
    For the record guys you can open ur messages within the app and usually see new ones even when no notification shows but there has been once or twice where I logged into my pc and saw messages not on my bb.
    Also I would try one other thing. Sign out and back in on the app, I have noticed that it will usually load whatvr hasn't updated in the app.

02-28-09 04:27 PM
    Hey guys.... So I logged out of myspace.when u sign back in there's a pop up
    Window that says in order to receive my space messages the email account
    Must be associated with your blackberry account. So in order words use ur
    Blackberry email for my space and it shud be fine.

02-28-09 06:59 PM
    thats bs cause i use my blackberry email for my myspace. and nothin. buggy app is all
    03-06-09 06:25 PM
    I wasn't getting notifications for a while either. I just went onto myspace and into the mobile settings and entered my phone number to allow mobile notifications. Seems to be working now.
    03-06-09 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD