Hey folks,

Been a while since I've posted, but I wanted to pop by and ask a quick question.

I recently installed the Bolt browser, and also updated to the newest version of MyPoynt (1.0.1.68). Now I'm not sure if it's either of these two causing the issue, as I also downloaded several other 3rd-party apps over the past week or two-- but I've removed all of those since. The only other new thing installed is the App World.

The issue I'm having is that my battery life has suddenly taken a large hit, to the point that I'm recharging by the end of every day-- I never had to do so more than once every 2-3 days before, with average usage.

One thing I did notice since upgrading it is that, at every quickpull/battery pull, Poynt is asking for GPS access and I'm sure it wasn't doing that before. Is it possible Poynt is glitching and keeping GPS enabled at all times or something? And I never had Bolt installed before, so I do wonder if that's another culprit.

The other issue is my app memory never seems to be higher than about 25Mb lately, and it leaks FAST. Typically by the end of the day, it'll drop down to around 10Mb, sometimes less, and again, that used to always start around 35Mb and never really dropped past about 15-20Mb for a few days at least.

Has anyone else noted these issues since upgrading/installing either of those apps lately.. or can you suggest anything else that might have been causing it? (I literally must have installed about 20 apps in the past month, but as I mentioned, I've deleted all of those... I really don't want to give up my Bolt or Poynt.)
    04-06-09 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD