When I type in "mypin" in a Blackberry Messenger conversation or in an email it will do the shortcut and show my pin # for my phone.

However, when I try it in text message (either composing or responding) for some reason its not working. It's just showing the text.

I had a buddy with a Storm try it out and his is working in the text message mode as well.

Any thoughts on how I can fix/correct this issue? It's a pain when I want to text someone my pin and I can't use the shortcut!
    12-12-08 01:22 PM
    Settings for Text/SMS. Turn on Autotext.
    12-12-08 01:27 PM
    >>>>>>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^yep.
    12-12-08 01:29 PM
    Ahhhhhh that fixed the issue! Now my concern is what exactly is "autotext". I don't want the predictive text turned on or the auto correction of spelling, thats why I had that option disabled initially.
    12-12-08 01:30 PM
    Settings for Text/SMS. Turn on Autotext.

wow works for me . .I learned something every day. . . is there a list on autotext that can be used? (on my way to search now).
    12-12-08 01:31 PM
    for example - commonly mispelled words will be automatically corrected. Like if you type youre, autotext will add the ' for you. If you type teh it will change it to "the", etc... You can add your own too - Menu>Options>Autotext>Menu>New
    12-12-08 01:35 PM
    for example - commonly mispelled words will be automatically corrected. Like if you type youre, autotext will add the ' for you. If you type teh it will change it to "the", etc... You can add your own too - Menu>Options>Autotext>Menu>New
    excellent - knew that and have it working. . . I guess I meant are there any other "shortcut" words that work such as "mypin"
    12-12-08 01:43 PM
    I have the same problem on my 8703e. mypin doesn't work for sms but mipin does. Go figure. I just found it in the autotext list.

Al
    12-23-08 11:52 AM
    Al,
    I had the same problem. mipin worked but not mypin. Open a txt window like you are writing to someone and hit the menu button. Then change your "switch input language" to english and then mypin will work. haha, only if you prefer english obviously.
    01-16-09 05:05 PM
    Open the Autotext area in Options, Advanced and you can scroll down the list of Autotext and see the other aliases. You might find that there are a couple you can add too. I added #xxx aliases for all the different email addresses I need to add. Works great!
    01-16-09 06:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD